Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 03:15 PM

5 posts, read 15,434 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to Utah from Southern California due to my wife taking a new position in her company. I am looking for information on where are the good places to live with a young family. We are not LDS and was wondering if there are better places to live if you are not. I am looking for an area with good schools and good sports programs and somewhere that will help my kids with the change.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 04:02 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
How much are you looking to spend? Where is her job located? How much commute time would be okay with you? These would help us to narrow down a good area for you.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:14 PM

My wife is a sales rep and her office is in the house so she will be driving away. Was thinking of renting for a year then buying but would like to rent in nice area then buy in same area.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:50 PM

I have always posted about how much I love my hometown, Stansbury Park. I am sure that others feel that way about their own neighborhoods too. We have a community though, not just a neighborhood. I am not sure what sports your kids play, but our community has football, soccer and baseball. A brand new high school has just been completed. We walked through it yesterday during the open house. Let me tell you, this school is BEAUTIFUL! We have two elementary schools, with one more slated to open in the next couple of years.
We have a golf course, community clubhouse, community pool, many many parks. A walking trail is supposed to be opening soon too. We also have an astronomy observation area. Street lights within the neighborhood are forbidden for that reason.
I have two daughters 9 and 12.5 and they have never had an issue because we aren't LDS. Both of their best friends are, although they also have some close friends that are not.
Stansbury is located in Tooele County about 30 minutes west of Salt Lake.
Stansbury Park Community Association
There are also some very nice areas in the Greater Salt Lake Area that I am sure are very nice also. I have no doubt that residents of those neighborhoods will chime in! I met a lady on here a year ago who relocated from FL. She ended up moving to Stansbury and her boys seemed to have fit in quite nicely.
Good luck with your relocation! We moved here 15 years ago and I love it!

Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 PM

239 posts, read 952,623 times
Southern or Northern Utah?

Old 06-06-2009, 09:18 PM

We are lookin somewhere south of Salt Lake, most of my wife's area is there.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:51 PM

I would say West Jordan or maybe South Jordan. Look into the Daybreak development. I haven't been out there, but have heard many people that like it there.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:25 PM

494 posts, read 1,897,789 times
Daybreak is a great area if you are OK with having a small yard. The community is concentrated on large open spaces, but (in general) small individual yards.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:07 AM

Thanks for all of the info

Old 06-08-2009, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,732 times
Default South of Salt Lake areas

South Jordan, Riverton, Sandy, DayBreak area - all good for families and access to freeways.

I live in Draper and it is also worth a look. Home prices have been falling here due to many foreclosures.

Check out

[URL="http://www.draper.ut.us"]www.draper.ut.us[/URL] website.

Lots of events, parks, trails, open space.

If you can find an affordable place you will enjoy Draper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah