Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:43 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times

Advertisements

The incredible natural beauty and diversity of the landscapes. Mountain, desert. Just amazing to look out the window every morning.

Clear brilliant blue skies.

All my old friends.

Wendover only 2 hours away.

And now the food! It's probably sad that's one of the things I miss the most.

Kellersburgers
Crown Burger
Sunday Brunch at Snowbird
Ruth's Diner
Seafood Buffet at Deer Valley
Raspberry Shakes at Bear Lake
Mormon Muffins at that little place in Ogden Canyon
Sunday Buffet Brunch at Little America

I miss Utah! Can't wait to be back out West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 10:34 PM

212 posts, read 791,532 times
You didn't mention fry sauce?
What kind of Utard are you if you don't miss fry sauce?
It was one of the things I missed most when I lived out of the state, now I eat it as often as possible.
LORI

Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 PM

Yup, I love fry sauce too! I've tried to mix it up myself with BBQ sauce and Mayo but it's not quite the same.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:43 AM

378 posts, read 1,905,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post

Crown Burger
Ruth's Diner
Raspberry Shakes at Bear Lake
Mormon Muffins at that little place in Ogden Canyon
Oh great now I'm hungry! Good thing I work only a few minutes from Ruth's and Crownies! I'm going to miss so many of those things when my wife makes me move to the South. We have a cabin in Bear Lake sooo that meant Raspberry Shakes almost every weekend! I've heard that the bees killed all the raspberries in Bear Lake...so the current shakes are impostors!

Old 04-17-2007, 01:19 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,132,564 times
We are transplants from the east...LOVE it here, BTW.

When my mom's visited, she says everyone here has the "manson girl" smile (stepford wives-ish). My family says we live in a "bubble", it is out of touch with "reality".

We went east for a few weeks recently...enjoyed visiting family and eating seafood...BUT

it was SO racist, everyone seemed to go to a bar AT LEAST once a day (regardless of age, class, ect), everyone smoked, no one bothered talking to their neighbors....

All I could think the whole time was "I miss my bubble!!"

Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 AM

242 posts, read 854,225 times
Quote:
The incredible natural beauty and diversity of the landscapes. Mountain, desert. Just amazing to look out the window every morning.

Clear brilliant blue skies.

All my old friends.

Wendover only 2 hours away.

Sunday Brunch at Snowbird
Sunday Buffet Brunch at Little America

I miss Utah! Can't wait to be back out West.
How are the brunches at those locations? My mom and sister are coming to visit in May (hopefully) and I want to take them out for a great brunch. I had brunch once at the Homestead and it was amazing, but my car can't exactly make it up the hills without dying for the top. Do you know how these two compare?

Old 04-18-2007, 08:40 AM

Try the brunch at Little America, it's wonderful. It's a little upscale and they usually have a piano or sometimes a harpist. The food is really good, especially the salads and desserts. I never took anyone there who didn't like it.

And no major hills either!

Snowbird is great too! I met John Glenn there one Sunday. But.....MAJOR hills. Also they won't start doing brunch till most of the skiing is done.

I might remember this name incorrectly but I think it's Steiners Lodge in Deer Valley. Good high end brunch but it is pricey. And there's some hills too!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 AM

Doesn't anyone go to Kellersburgers? Try them! Best beef jerky in Utah too! They are in Bountiful.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:44 AM

242 posts, read 854,225 times
Quote:
Try the brunch at Little America, it's wonderful. It's a little upscale and they usually have a piano or sometimes a harpist. The food is really good, especially the salads and desserts. I never took anyone there who didn't like it.

And no major hills either!

Snowbird is great too! I met John Glenn there one Sunday. But.....MAJOR hills. Also they won't start doing brunch till most of the skiing is done.

I might remember this name incorrectly but I think it's Steiners Lodge in Deer Valley. Good high end brunch but it is pricey. And there's some hills too!
I just saw the website for Stein Erikson lodge in Deer Valley. It looks amazing! I might be able to borrow my roommate's SUV - but just in case I want a back up plan. I'm the one driving with the semis up Parleys chugging along at 45. I'd love a different vehicle but I can't afford a car payment. Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM

378 posts, read 1,905,861 times
Quote:
Doesn't anyone go to Kellersburgers? Try them! Best beef jerky in Utah too! They are in Bountiful.
Never heard of them...I need to check them out....I just got back from lunch at Crown Burgers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah