Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 03:47 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Just when I thought it was safe. My bad.
Exactly! Katzpur started a nice thread and everything was going great and then.....pow! Can't even have one thread on mormons where some fanatic doesn't come in here saying all mormons are goin to hell!

Oh and BTW wolf girl I'm sure God is really pleased with you damning people to hell.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 AM

602 posts, read 1,873,178 times
mod cut: referenced post was deleted
You are free to have whatever beliefs and opinions you like, but keep it to the religion forum. Katzpur originally posted this thread to answer questions about Mormon culture and beliefs for those who are not familiar, not to debate weather mormonism is right or wrong. Although I'm sure you know this, people get upset with you on here because you write things to stir up trouble, not because of what you actually say.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-06-2009 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: removed quoted deleted post

Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
Good thing we have you Daisy! You seem to know EVERYTHING about how everyone thinks and what they believe and what is best for them.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 AM

602 posts, read 1,873,178 times
mod cut: quoted post was deleted

Like I said, fine...... Keep it to the correct forum This is America, and there is free speech, but there are also rules, and you aren't following them

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-06-2009 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: quoted post was deleted

Old 07-10-2009, 06:07 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
It should be a thread for Katspur to field questions regarding LDS life, so I won't keep the can of worms open but I think the lines from the movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" might vent the situation at hand a little....

Tommy Johnson: I had to up at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil.

Ulysses Everett McGill: Well, ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking. Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I'm the only one who remains unaffiliated.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:24 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,484,326 times
I found this thread to be enjoyable and informative reading until a couple days ago, just when everything was going so well. Katzpur started this thread so that people with questions about the mormon culture could get an answer. Many religions are mis -understood and it's usually because of lack of knowledge. I feel like he has been answering the questions in a non threatening way and not preaching hell, fire and damnation like others seem to be doing (and you know who you are) I see no reason why people have to get on here and put down others. If you don't agree with what is being said, that is your right but didn't Christ say that we should treat others as we want to be treated. Or I might say is that Christlike to treat children of God that way? Now back to topic. If you don't have something nice to say....don't say it. Go for a walk or a run, start your own thread and take out your frustrations elsewhere.
Carry on..........

Old 07-11-2009, 01:54 AM

550 posts, read 2,169,000 times
Oh dear - wrong section for that stiffnecked; that's for the religion forum. You too daisywolf. FTR I don't think Latter-day Saints elevate the BoM above the Bible but instead to the same level (both are valid records of Christ and all of his pals according to LDS)...

Old 07-11-2009, 03:01 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

The "hot drinks" thing has been mentioned before under another heading. Some have contended this could even mean hot chocolate if taken literally. What these people fail to understand is that the Word of Wisdom appeared in the 1830's when there were no other hot drinks, but tea and coffee.
No hot milk?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:55 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Hi, guys. Sorry to have missed out on all the fun. I was on vacation in NYC for a week and look what happened to my thread... Such a pity. I kind of expected it to happen sooner or later, but I wish I'd been here when it took the nose dive. Thanks to all who did their best to get it back on track. It's great to be a part of a forum where there are so few "humble Christian[s], looking to help anyone trapped in a false religion" and so many people who just want to get along.

Last edited by Katzpur; 07-12-2009 at 12:22 AM..

Old 07-12-2009, 05:36 AM

136 posts, read 300,172 times
Mod cut - deleted post quoted

Don't know who said this but: "There are many paths to God."

I grew up in SLC and was raised as a Mormon. Went to Wandemere Ward. Got to be a Deacon. Was baptized in the Temple for the dead.

As I grew older I kind of left the Church and went exploring. I actively investiagted a lot of other churches and religious belief systems...including Buddhism and the neo-Pagan movement. These days I do not consider myself to be a Mormon. My church for Yeshua is in my heart, my mind, my apartment.

That being said, I still look back fondly on the Mormons and my LDS upbringing. Alas, my family were "jack" Mormons. They didn't keep the Word of Wisdom. I recall them hiding beer cans and ashtrays when they saw the Ward teachers coming up the driveway.

The Mormons (most of them) are fine people. Their Word of Wisdom will bring you good health and a longer life. They tithe and that money goes to help other Mormons (and others) in need. Next-door to the house I grew up in were Mormon Welfare Farm crops. This all makes good sense to me, even today. They also counsel you to keep a year's supply of food on hand in case of disasters (which almost wiped out the settlers in SLC). Look at today's world...this is still good counsel. And I find genealogy fascinating, and the Mormons lead the world in these studies.

I no longer accept the Book Of Mormon but so what? I don't accept the Quran either. But I will say that those who care to take those paths, go right ahead. You're not diminished in my eyes in any way. I'll meet you, hopefully, and the last stop...and that includes those from my Mormon heritage.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-06-2009 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: I need a new keyboard!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah