U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:35 PM

129 posts, read 483,278 times

Advertisements

I have to ask: what is a nuclear pharmacist?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2006, 07:52 AM

3 posts, read 6,089 times
I like CA weather, warm, no snow, but can drive there if I want, in only an hour or so.

Old 11-25-2006, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,209 times
Another first post. Just visited Mesquite and St. George to clear head after 3 days in Vegas and to investigate the area as possible early retirement site. We're from Boston and looking for possible alternatives to Florida retirement. We play golf, like oudoor activities, and warm weather so we liked what we saw. Seems like Mesquite is ready to take off; guessing that's both good and bad. Would appreciate comments on Mesquite's future; I would like to think town will be compromise of the good and bad. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2006, 10:22 AM

33 posts, read 172,114 times
Well, the working force is moving to St. George and the retired are heading to Mesquite. Mesquite is a bit warmer the St. George (5 degrees or so) but it really shows in the summer, it doesn't cool off during the night. Mesquite is taking off, but not at the rate of St. George. All the good shopping and dining is in St. George but Mesquite is more quiet. Mesquite taylors more to the golfing crowd but there are more hiking and biking opportunities in St. George. That's all I could think of for now.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:09 PM

23 posts, read 298,127 times
If you don't like snow you want to live in st George area. I live near SLC and there is lots of snow. Plenty of red rocks in st George. Yo can always go to Zion/ Moab has too much cold weather and lack of year round jobs.. great to visit though.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:38 AM

2 posts, read 3,133 times
plz i want the hotest place Like Nigeria weather in America... I hate cold...... I better use A/C when it hot than always been on jacket and blanket on the bed and I love out and I can be able to do that when the weather is enjoyable.............Please cold is not a good thing............... please advice

Old 08-12-2011, 09:17 AM

2,465 posts, read 6,292,891 times
Try Death Valley, California

Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,133 times
Emm why the name Death Valley, California................. please does it mean that there a lot cemetry where they bury people who is death or it is just name...... plz tell me why that name was given to that place....Death Valley...

Old 08-26-2011, 01:35 PM

20,644 posts, read 21,434,940 times
It's a National Park.

Death Valley National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Death Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-30-2011, 04:32 PM

159 posts, read 511,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenbs View Post
St. George has a Starbucks, and it only gets to about 120 on the hottest days in the summer time. We have air conditioning and humidifiers to offset the heat and lack of humitity.

It is a booming town, yet small enough that there is very little crime. Not much need for road rage because of the lack of traffic. At 5:00 you might be have to wait 5 to 10 extra minutes to get to your destination.

Housing is high if you plan on purchasing, however rent is less expensive. You can check the housing market by browsing the MLS listings at removed. I moved here 4 years ago from Seattle and we have loved the place.

I disagree with a lot of the above.

The record maximum high temp for the St George area is 118 degrees. Usual summer highs are around 110 at the most. Today it's about 105 out.

No traffic jams per se, but there *is* a relatively high amount of careless/reckless driving.

Housing expenses (purchasing or renting) are not at a high rate. Like with most of the rest of the country, there are a good number of vacant/foreclosed houses for sale, so it's a good time to buy if you can.

St George & the area is --or at least most recently was -- "booming" only in-terms of the number of retirees and/or independently wealthy people moving to the region. The job market/economy is not "booming," here, nor is it predicted to anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah