Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2011, 01:04 PM

19 posts, read 42,500 times

Advertisements

The apartment I am looking at is called Market Place Apartments. It is located on General Anderson Road, Vancouver, WA 9866. I plan on getting a closer look and taking a tour of the area when I move back in with my parents in two weeks. I have been living in Houston, Texas for four years.

For those of you that have spent much more time in the area, is this a pretty good area in Vancouver? Safe? Clean?

I am a female in my early twenties. I have five years experience as a food server, one year experience in fine dining. I am trying to get back into school though, a technical/medical degree in diagnostic medical sonography has struck my interest as of late.

I enjoy living in the city and being so close to everything, but plan on making many trips north to Castle Rock, WA to visit my family.

If I could find an apartment with trash, garbage, and water included for under $620 that was also SAFE and in a happenin' area, I would be ecstatic.

- Schools
- Good night life when I need a break from my fairly introverted lifestyle (I'm a big-time nerd/gamer)
- Safe area for a young single woman
- Good area for jobs in the food service industry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 AM

5 posts, read 13,292 times
I am also a female in my early twenties and I would not live here. I would stay away from the 4th Plain area in general. And General Anderson is right off of 4th Plain. I would go upwards of Mill Plain, but on the East side away from Downtown. It seems to be the safest.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 PM
NDS

58 posts, read 65,409 times
Check out the Salmon Creek area. It's mostly new-ish construction so the several apt complexes here are nice / modern, and the entire neighborhood is safe, plenty of parks and trails nearby. Washington Univ campus is here if you're looking for an area with college-age folks. Some good brew pubs. And a short drive / bus ride to downtown Vancouver which rocks during the summer, or you can hop on 205 to cruise down to Camas / if I-5 is backed up. There's a really nice apt complex called Highland or something right next to the big hospital/medical complex if you get a medical job.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:36 AM

121 posts, read 374,832 times
Yeah I would stay far away from that Fourth Plain area. I would say that anywhere on Fourth Plain between I-5 and Andresen Rd is not at all a good area to live. My suggestion would be in Fishers landing area out off of 164th ave, which has a lot of restaurants. So if your looking to work at a restaurant that would be convenient for you. Or the Salmon Creek area, which is right off of I-5 so your trip to Castle Rock would be fairly quick.

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area