Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:42 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,137,874 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a few villagers are wielding their bitchforks in Vancouver. Time to come on out of the middle ages, it's not so scary here in the 21st century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,433,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Sounds like a few villagers are wielding their bitchforks in Vancouver. Time to come on out of the middle ages, it's not so scary here in the 21st century.
Especially when the concern should be directed at the lack of support by parents towards their kid's education and kid's general behaviors in schools.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,287,039 times
I don't really care what men wear, or what women wear. But the workplace is not the place for "self-expression." It is hard enough for a substitute teacher to maintain order without intentionally bringing in extra distractions.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:27 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I know of a few men who have multiple sclerosis that wear capri style pants or knee length shorts at all times. This is due to a particularly painful sensitivity of the skin on the shins and calves of their legs and contact with fabrics on the lower parts of the legs is quite unbearable.

Goes to show there's usually more to a book than just its cover.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:42 PM

101 posts, read 327,793 times
Then wear pants during school session to not cause a disturbance amongst students and then when IT gets home,IT can put on a sun dress and watch Oprah

Old 11-06-2011, 04:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigolwoody View Post
Then wear pants during school session to not cause a disturbance amongst students and then when IT gets home,IT can put on a sun dress and watch Oprah
Tolerance and open-mindedness at its best I see.

I always hope my fellow Washingtonians have more compassion than what I'm seeing here. Hopefully bigolwoody is in the minority.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:36 PM

The liberals of Washington state will always lead the way for putting up with cross dressing **Moderator:snip** teachers, and I thought californians were bad.

Last edited by sunshineleith; 11-08-2011 at 11:44 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,817,391 times
I didn't realize that capris were women's-only clothing... They are standard fare for men in many countries and have an edgy, fashion-forward appeal for many men in this country, both gay and straight.

I don't see how this is considered "cross-dressing" or why this is even an issue.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdrifter View Post
I didn't realize that capris were women's-only clothing... They are standard fare for men in many countries and have an edgy, fashion-forward appeal for many men in this country, both gay and straight.

I don't see how this is considered "cross-dressing" or why this is even an issue.
Do you wear capris ?

Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 PM

19 posts, read 60,800 times
Bigolwoody, perhaps you should relocate. Vancouver is more openminded then you are comfortable with and we don't have a bunch of trailer parks for you. There is nothing wrong with a man wearing capris. As has been pointed out, many other foward thinking countries sell mens capris. As men are more straight up and down they probably look better on them then women. Also, as has been pointed out, you don't know the circumstances. He may have a medical issue.
Even if he was wearing a frilly dress, he is hurting no one. At worst he might inspire a burst of creativity in the next generation which our country clearly needs to move forward. As a parent with children in the school system, I strongly agree with hamellr; not enough of us parents are involved enough.
Cinebar, from the many people I have met and know in Vancouver, I would have to say Bigolwoody is in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area