Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 01:48 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,136 times

Advertisements

Gawwwwd, I thought driving into and out of Portland's Sellwood Neighborhood was a pain. I was wrong! The road work has got to be the biggest PIA that I have encountered this week. Whose wonderful idea was it to shut down the north and southbound traffic lights at McGillivray in the evening? Was it really necessary? Why can't they do that garbage during the overnight hours? It's about as stupid as Utah Department of Transportation shutting down northbound I-15 at 2100hrs on a Friday night in North Salt Lake City. I encountered that a few years ago. Wow, what a mess that was!

Then there are the countless simpletons who cannot seem to figure out what that flashing sign is way up ahead, telling them to move to the left. Oh, yeah, they're too busy staring at the bumper of the vehicle directly in front them. They wait until the last few inches and then get all peeved when I or other drivers won't let them into the lane. They had a half mile of warning the right lane is closed. I don't feel one bit sorry for them.

If I hadn't been driving a semi-truck, I'd have gladly taken Village Loop to get around the problem. However, I tried going on that road a few months ago. I was pulled over and given a warning by a Vancouver cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Good to know that my city isn't the only one with idiots.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area