Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,534 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

My hubby & I are visiting Vancouver from US east coast next week for 3 nights. We both love food, and, like to try out as much local cuisine as possible when traveling overseas. We love seafood and I can't wait to have Dungeness Crabs when we're there. BTW, is it even the season already?

Can you please suggest some good restaurants for us? Ethnically influenced restaurants are welcome too. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 09:20 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,042,598 times
Ugh, I had a great message 2 U and got ate by ISP... (I'm in Thailand enjoying great food)
Hopefully a 'Foodie" will reply, our family has a $100/ month food and entertainment budget so we cook at home most of the time unless traveling. Food supplies are DIRT cheap in Vancouver, and fresh fish / berries plentiful.

There are some good Thai places in Vancouver. Some folks like Tommy O's (Hawaiin) Check Yelp for food suggestions in Vancouver

For 'consistantly' good seafood, I prefer the 10 minute drive to Jakes Crawfish portland (very ez to get to via I-405) and near Powell Books. A MUST see, certainly a MUST do (try their indoor parking Very weird, very Portland)

I go for happy hr (as often as I'm home... a few days / month)

Jake's Famous Crawfish - Downtown - Portland, OR

I do Ringside East for happy hr too. (~ 20 minutes from Vancouver) Steak bites $2.25, certainly the best in the west. (not saying much, as west coasty beef is horrible, but Ringside is exception (I don't at all like their new seafood place in DWTN Portland.)

One of my favorite Good Food Venues is Multnomah Falls Lodge. They have a lunch special this month (some type of bread bowl creation), There dinners are very exceptional, but I profer their Breakfasts. NICE setting, usually sparely attended.

Skamania Lodge is pretty exceptional too View + Food... Wed - Sunday Walking Man brewery in Stevenson is open (best in PNW) Hood River is close and MUCH good food / beer.

We go to the Cannon Beach area (1.2 hrs) for sunset and dinner. Can be home by Midnight EZ this time of yr.

Enjoy your stay. Give me a PM if I can help with any info. Sorry, food is NOT my specialty.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,438,992 times
Vancouver Washington isn't exactly a Foodie destination, it's mostly chains and fast food. There are a few rough gems here and there. Just asking because it's happened before, but are you sure you're not wanting Vancouver BC?

But Portland is a different story. Hundreds of great places just across the river. Dove Vici Pizza, Pambiche (Argentina,) The Observatory, Andina (Peruvian,) Oba! (Mexican/Brazilian influenced,) Pok Pok (Thai Street Food,) and over 700 food carts now. That doesn't include the dozen more great places I've not listed.

Check out An Exploration of Portland Food and Drink - for many more ideas.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Yes, I agree with Vancouver not being a foodie 'nation. I remember DH and I were told to check out Roots because it was the up and coming restaurant with awesome food. What a disappointment, such bland food.

I am thinking the OP is talking BC given the Dungeness Crabs reference. I never really associate Vancouver WA with that, but BC, sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area