Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 09:00 PM

18 posts, read 33,911 times

Advertisements

Hi guys! Thanks for the trove of information and knowledgable participants to this board; it truly helps to hear from you.

About myself: There are many things I do know about Camas/Vancouver area, mostly because my wife's family lives there. I have a good understanding of many things there socially/politically/environmentally. I am married and we have a young daughter together...not planning on stopping with popping out kids for the next few years. We are very strong in our faith and will share it with others when the opportunity arrises, but do certainly respect others beliefs.

Anyways, I am a 1099 contractor, mainly in Marketing/SEO/Webdesign/Video Production. Was wondering if anyone can give insights about being a consultant in Washington, and if possible, the area. I know Portland has quite a bit of agencies like this, though I'm not overly concerned about it since I would be moving and telecomuting with my current company. I do network quite a bit through various outlets and am looking forward to meeting new people.

I'm more concerned with taxation/how you run your own business as a sole-proprietor, and also if you have a small business. I have two businesses actually...one as an independent contractor and another clothing company.

I would like to know anyone's thoughts who can relate to these things? What your experiences have been like? Any information you can shed.

We live in San Diego now and while the weather is nice, there is so much we don't like about it here. Among them personally, the business climate is awful for starting business and California wanted to dig deep into entrepreneur pockets.

Also, if you have any good recommendations for real state brokers, let me know!

Any help is much appreciated...thanks!

Last edited by theLTDxpress; 08-26-2013 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 12:09 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Search is your friend:
//www.city-data.com/forum/vanco...tor-taxes.html

While I don't use realtors when looking for deals, you will be well served by Crest in Camas (Windemere). Windermere Crest Realty Co. in Camas, WA - YellowBot

You will be able to utilize Hobo Airlines (Spirit) for 'sunbreaks" to San Diego. Sale dates can be as low as $19.90 one way. Excellent non-stop schedule out of PDX @ 6AM and back at 11:30 PM. During Nov - April it makes for a nice day away from the drizzle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area