Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 AM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I visited Rose's on 192d Street for a second time. I want to stay away from those overloaded meat sandwiches, so I had a chopped salad with chicken. I have to say, it was good. Nicely presented with real grilled or roasted chicken breast. Wait person was nice and tended to my needs.

I had a better impression after this visit.

Does anyone know how long the place has been under new management?

And I might talk DH into going for pancakes one morning. There is a varied menu of choices for breakfast.

Anyone have a fave item at Rose's?
I think the new managers have been there about a year now. Breakfast is best at Rose's (but not as good as Natalia's in downtown Camas) I like the eggs Benedict
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 03:02 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
I think the new managers have been there about a year now. Breakfast is best at Rose's (but not as good as Natalia's in downtown Camas) I like the eggs Benedict
Thanks for the rec!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 PM

Default New Thai Restaurant

We've tried three Thai places since we moved here, and one went out of business, and two were not to my liking. A new place opened very recently at NE 162d and Fourth Plain, in the Park Lane mattress building. Name is Kindee Thai, and after one very nice meal, I have to say this could be our go to for Thai.

Decor is simple and tasteful. Service prompt and very pleasant. And the food was quite good. DH and I each had stir fries. Mine was served over broccoli, and accompanied with brown rice, per my request. DH had a different stir fry dish with white rice. I noticed that there was plenty of nicely flavored and tender pork pieces in my stir fry, and the broccoli had been steamed crisp but done. I had green tea, served as a tea bag in a mug, and it was surprisingly good tea. We started our meal with spring rolls and peanut sauce, which I found good. (I like spring rolls.) All in all, we want to go back.

One thing I noted with approval, is the way they partitioned off the entrance into the restaurant. They have had half height partitions built around the door, so that cold or hot outside air won't be too intrusive when a customer enters. Good thinking! You enter through a short passage into the restaurant, where there are tables and booths.

I will say that I have seen longer menus at some Thai restaurants, but there are still plenty of choices. I'd like to try a green curry next time.

I hope this restaurant makes a go.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:47 PM

208 posts, read 330,874 times
Vancouver Pizza Co. :: Vancouver, Washington
Excellent Pizza voted #1 too.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:26 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,500,663 times
Just saw this article today.

These 15 Vancouver Restaurants Will Blow The Taste Buds Out Of Your Mouth - Movoto

Old 04-22-2014, 10:26 PM

17 posts, read 35,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
That article is a good find! Since I have eaten in a couple of the restaurants listed and liked them, I think I can trust the others listed to be equally as good.

BTW, I finally got my "east coast fix" for seafood. For Christmas my daughter had given me a Groupon for Chesapeake Crab Co. She paid $39.00 and I was able to select up to $115.00 of seafood. I ordered blue claw crabs for $37.00 and lobster meat, 2 lbs. for $75.00. I placed my order a couple of weeks ago. The crabs are just what I was craving; the lobster was OK, not worth $75.00. The shipping cost me $69.00 (eek) but as I told my daughter, we sometimes spend that on one dinner anyway and I got several meals out of it. I will occasionally order again.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:37 PM

4 posts, read 8,167 times
I can second the recommendation for Jerusalem Cafe. The location I go to is on Chkalov, and it's my favorite restaurant in Vancouver. It's the only place in my life where the food was so good that I went back and ate there again the very next day. Pho Green Papaya has excellent food overall (great curry), however for pho, it's Pho Thanh all the way -- the best pho I've ever had. Best Thai is a toss up between Arawan and Mongkolchai. Tacos 'n' Cream food truck is out of this world. Get in the line there. La Bottega - thumbs up! Best Korean is Korean House, located near Pho Green Papaya. Twilight Pizza on 192nd - yum. Ice Cream Renaissance - oh yes. Best soup I've ever had in my life was at Mint Tea (limited but fantastic menu). Do not miss the Sunday brunch at Hudson's (inside Heathman's Lodge) - delicious as well as an impressive place to bring out of town guests to show Vancouver off.

Yeah, places aplenty in Van -- no need to go into Portland to get great eats.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 PM

4 posts, read 8,167 times
Okay, I just saw that article linked above. I haven't been to quite a few of those places. Of the places I've been on that list, I can wholeheartedly recommend Vancouver Pizza Company as well as Jorge's Margarita Factory -- both for the drinks as well as the food. I was raised in South Texas, and believe you me, nobody was more surprised than me to discover that this is the best Mexican food I've had since I left Texas 12 years ago. Also, someone mentioned Natalia's in Camas. Yes, big yes. Ask for the off-the-menu specials, which will be Russian food that will blow your lid off. Daddy D's is *pretty* good. I'd give it a solid B. They sure do pile on the food, though! (And, yes, it is indeed inside a gas station. Your GPS has not led you astray.)

Last edited by RiverMaiden; 04-28-2014 at 10:21 PM..

Old 06-16-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We've tried three Thai places since we moved here, and one went out of business, and two were not to my liking. A new place opened very recently at NE 162d and Fourth Plain, in the Park Lane mattress building. Name is Kindee Thai, and after one very nice meal, I have to say this could be our go to for Thai.

Decor is simple and tasteful. Service prompt and very pleasant. And the food was quite good. DH and I each had stir fries. Mine was served over broccoli, and accompanied with brown rice, per my request. DH had a different stir fry dish with white rice. I noticed that there was plenty of nicely flavored and tender pork pieces in my stir fry, and the broccoli had been steamed crisp but done. I had green tea, served as a tea bag in a mug, and it was surprisingly good tea. We started our meal with spring rolls and peanut sauce, which I found good. (I like spring rolls.) All in all, we want to go back.

One thing I noted with approval, is the way they partitioned off the entrance into the restaurant. They have had half height partitions built around the door, so that cold or hot outside air won't be too intrusive when a customer enters. Good thinking! You enter through a short passage into the restaurant, where there are tables and booths.

I will say that I have seen longer menus at some Thai restaurants, but there are still plenty of choices. I'd like to try a green curry next time.

I hope this restaurant makes a go.
I am bringing this to the top, to update and to encourage others to post.

We ate at Kindee Thai tonight for a total of 3 or 4 times. If you like Thai that is sweet, then this is a good place. I will say that I don't like the curries because for me they are simply too rich and sweet. But I had the Pad Basil tonight and it was very nicely prepared, with the brown rice as I requested. I still find the food too sweet in general, but as these things go the food was good. I would have liked a bit more pork. In the first dinner I had one thing I noticed was the generous serving of pork. So, I guess they have cut back a bit on the protein servings.

I also posted earlier about Rose's. On the rec of someone in this thread DH and I went to Rose's one morning so DH could have pancakes. The place was not open, even though the sign plainly says it is open in the mornings for breakfast. I have no idea what the deal was, but we have not been back.

We finally ate at Roots. I wish I could remember what I had--it has been several weeks. I found the preparation very good, the atmosphere not quite as relaxed as I would like, the food nicely prepared. But honestly I didn't like my entree all that much. I do remember liking the salad very, very much however. I am willing to give it another try, but for the expense this will not be too soon. This is for us very much a special events place.

I am interested in a good place for Mexican. I do not care for the Catedral place on SE 164. And I am not too impressed with the neighboring place, a chain. We ate once at a Mexican place near the mall, and I had a bad experience. So, anyone know of a place that makes good Mexican?

Please share your faves and lets compare notes. We need to boost the good eateries in this town.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:16 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,714 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Washougal Los Dos Compadre's I
Across from La Camas credit Union / One Stop (3nd ave?)

(their parents started II (@17th and E), but I have never been)

Los Dos Compadres - Washougal, WA | Yelp
Fit it into a Woolen Mill tour or similar trip to Washougal (3 river museum... or a walk along the water / river berm)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area