Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 09:58 AM

2,779 posts, read 5,497,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Guess I need to get out more... Beef and Brew was my last decent dining in Hazel Dell... I think it has been gone for 20 yrs. I will miss the Steakburger summer nights... so I won't bother coming back to town (except when I have to come to town to check email (No HS at home).

I note the NEW replacement Restaurant that went into EX-Tommy-O East (QFC on 192nd Ave) is GONE already < 8 months.

The FIRST place spent too much on the building and didn't have the capital to open their Restaurant, then Tommy, and a Japanese (I think), now.. empty (again)

Carol's Corner seems to be an old 'stable' breakfast place (for ~ 20 yrs).
Carol
Stealth, it's my understanding that Tommy Os east was forced out because the landlord wanted to open his own restaurant. We went to Kojis once, it was terrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
Stealth, it's my understanding that Tommy Os east was forced out because the landlord wanted to open his own restaurant. We went to Kojis once, it was terrible.
Yup, that is likely (probably original owner recovered enough rents to start Kojis.)

Of course I felt the same about Tommy O's (that guy is a tough swallow). YMMV

I am SO glad to have liquidated my Camas Commercial properties with Food joints as tenants!. (Proprietors / clients are VERY tough on your properties 24/7)

I really miss a good BBQ / Cajun place. I was tempted to offer Katrina Relocation Assistance to a cook from NO so we could bring that cuisine to Camas region. But my spouse slapped some sense into me and we sold the buildings

Anyone recommend Goldies? Haven't ventured there yet.
Goldies BBQ, Vancouver - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

or Daddy D ?
Daddy Ds Southern Barbeque - Vancouver, WA | Yelp

Farmer's Market opens soon (March 21, 2015) and has good food!
I sure hope they can get their old site back, (next door to current (under cover) or better yet, an indoor pavilion with open sides like you find in NE USA and TN / KT Farmer's Markets (like Europe 'fresh markets', open air, but not open sky (drizzle))

Today, I will retreat to Portland (Again). Have a hankering for a semi authentic pub, and "bangers and mash" (Saturday special). Horse Brass Pub: If it were any more authentic, you'd need a passport!

Old 02-07-2015, 10:10 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
We've had Goldies, and I wish I could say it was wonderful. It seems better to me than the Rib Crib on Millplain, but the sauce is sooooo sweet. And we've had one batch of ribs that was dry, as if they had been left out too long. But we had another that was good.

Its like McGrath's in a way: the quality is up and down, IMO.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:50 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,497,976 times
Hey all, wanted to add Feast 316 in Camas to this list. We ate there a few nights ago and it was fabulous.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 AM

17 posts, read 35,135 times
Just got another recommendation which we will be trying soon. Menu looks interesting

Charlies Bodega
CharliesBodega

Old 03-05-2015, 04:18 PM

8 posts, read 7,120 times
I'll be moving to the area this summer and the first order of business is to find a good NY Pizza joint. Anyone...? Anyone...? Buehler...?

After that, a good hot pastrami sandwich, followed by Korean, Mexican, and a good $8 burger. Suggestions, please... Thanks!

Old 03-05-2015, 08:41 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Twilight is doing a good NY business.http://www.twilightpizzabistro.com/

I like my $2 'Happy Hour Burgers' at Ringside East (Gresham)
Big Foot tavern in Washougal has great burgers (daily specials) and all you can eat fish and chips on Friday. Free pool and good tacos on Sunday! (You do NOT take your mom to this spot, ! dinky / crowded and LOUD. I hate to see it's 'healthscore', but I have survived 30 yrs of occasionally eating there). Hearthstone Pizza is across the street if you need an UPGRADE. Good brewpubs around the corner. (all walking distance (good thing) and FREE for all parking!!!) (i.e. bumper cars)

Mexican, I prefer getting at my TX home (2 weeks / month at the moment). I make my own in PNW, but Los Dos Compadres (One (run by adult kids)and Two (run by parents)) in Washougal have a big following.

Good Tex-Mexican (el Rio) and Burgers (Big River Grill) in Stevenson, good brew pubs too!
Smoked Salmon Chowder on Fridays at Big River (bread bowl for lunch, not all-you-can-eat for dinner, cuz they always ran out!)

Bring a good cook and open a place at former Pizza Palace in Washougal
/ Camas border, River view, VERY nice location and a LOT of high earner potential customers!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:28 PM

17 posts, read 35,135 times
New York Pizza on Chaklov is pretty decent for pizza. I was happy when I saw eggplant parm on the menu (one of my absolute favorites)...but it didn't make the grade.

Portland has a couple of deli's for pastrami/corned beef although I spoke with the owner and he admitted they don't cut the corned beef East Coast thin. Hard to get a good rye bread out here. I've had a few grilled Ruebens in several places and have to say all of them were not bad at all. One of the places was Chucks.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:35 PM

21 posts, read 24,423 times
I want to Khun Jo's[ (Khun Jo's) a few days ago and it was great. I got the fried chicken and it was so fantastic that I will try to come back this week. They also sell homemade pastries too. It's in East Vancouver near the New Seasons.

Killer Burger has a peanut butter burger that I really like; $5 burger basket+fries 2-5pm.

Thai Orchid on the west side has a pretty good happy hour.

Dulin's on Main St. for brunch was good and the inside is very bright and airy.

I also hear Bleu Door Bakery is great but haven't tried it yet.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:29 PM
3KM

1 posts, read 1,108 times
There's a new Chinese restaurant downtown called New Bridge and it is fantastic! I even went to the trouble of writing a Yelp review for them, and I don't write Yelp reviews very often. The owners are from Northern China and very friendly. (I don't usually feel that the Chinese in most restaurants are typically very outgoing or friendly, but they are different!) They previously owned restaurants in China, so they know what they're doing. I love their dumplings. Perfect flavor and texture. Definitely compares to the great dumplings I've had in Chinatown in NYC. The sesame beef, general Tso and black pepper beef are also amazing. Best chinese food I've had in the Vancouver/Portland area. The lady who owns it is very sweet and will help you pick from the huge menu with her recommendations. The only downside is that they don't have alcohol, but I believe they plan on offering it in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area