Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 04:26 PM

8 posts, read 30,148 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Vancouver in a 30 days. I have been trying to find an apartment based on the information that was given to me on this site. I have not had any luck. I have used several search engines that give me a a lot of apartments to choose from, but the results are not good. Majority of the apartments that I choose have terrible apartment ratings and are unsafe. I will be commuting to Portland to work. Can someone please give me some apartments names that are safe, cost effective, and not in the rural areas. I was trying to stay in Evergreen, Salmon Creek, Cascades, Fischer Landing areas.

I will be going there next week to visit those apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 06:16 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,497,976 times
My husband has been staying at the Mission Hills apts near Fisher Landing, its a furnished apartment but I believe most of them aren't, he thinks its pretty nice.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:27 PM

8 posts, read 30,148 times
Thanks, Do you know if is easy access to I-205?

Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,497,976 times
Looks that way. Its at 11900 NE 18th St. if you map it, it looks like a good location for 205. My husband works in the area so he doesn't commute to Portland.

ETA: I should mention that we've lived in our own house for the last five years so an apt complex was new for my husband, he was dreading it and has been pleasantly surprised.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:26 PM

550 posts, read 3,265,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valgarner2 View Post
I was trying to stay in Evergreen, Salmon Creek, Cascades, Fischer Landing areas.

I will be going there next week to visit those apartments.

I've had good luck finding local rentals using rent.com. Here's a link to their site: Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent

I'm not sure if they still do it, but when we used this website last, they offered a $100 rebate if you registered with them and sent them a copy of your lease with one of their advertised rentals. It took a couple weeks and some jumping through a hoops, but we did get the check.

Last edited by diggitydot; 01-14-2008 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: Wonky spelling...

Old 01-15-2008, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 7,626 times
I will relocating to WA in about 60 days & found a lot of nice areas and apartments in Vancouver. Log onto [url=http://www.idm-apartments.com]Welcome to IDM-Apartments.com[/url], a property mgmt. company. They have apartments with easy access to the 205 and are very nice. Some are on 10th st., 136th Ave., and Ellsworth Rd. I really liked the area.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:32 PM

367 posts, read 303,662 times
I currently live in the Meadows @ Cascade Park. It's a decent enough apartment complex. Parking can be a little frustrating, but not too bad. It is safe and 5 minutes from I-205. It is about a mile in from the Columbia River.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM

550 posts, read 3,265,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valgarner2 View Post
I am moving to Vancouver in a 30 days.

How'd your move go?

Old 03-02-2008, 04:28 PM
NDS

58 posts, read 65,260 times
I checked out quite a few apartments in the Vancouver area in late January, my impressions are below. Background is that I'm coming from a 1 bedroom in San Jose CA and primarily looked for *QUIET* and central A/C. All of the places listed below have central heat/air, all appliances, and full-size washer/dryer, at least in 2 bedroom plans. Keep in mind that many of the apartments will only have one or two "non-smoking" buildings, and the rest may have been rented by smokers. - Vancouver Center Apartments - first exit off I-5 after crossing the bridge from Oregon, right downtown, fairly new buildings, what passes for a high-rise in the area, next to a nice public park and around the corner from a good movie theater. Downsides include *really* small apartment, crappy layout, and the only parking available is pay parking in the city garage downstairs. Upside they were relatively quiet even for being "downtown", easy to move in/out as there are included large elevators, and good views from floor-to-ceiling windows. - Highland Hills apartments - Located in Salmon Creek, across from a hospital, at intersection of I-5 and 205, takes 25-30 minutes to get to Portland airport without heavy traffic. Pretty new, very corporate, owned by same company as Mission Hills, end up renting a lot of the apartments to corporate/part-time renters. Very good floor plans, both sheer size as well as layout, nice fittings, seemed like a pretty quiet complex, esp if you can get into one of the buildings at the back of the complex. Downsides are only a non-covered parking spot included with rent, next step up is to pay for carport, then to pay even more for non-attached garage somewhere on complex, and only switch-back open stairs available, no elevator, so moving in/out and carrying the week's Costco run to apt would be extremely painful. - Mission Hills - Someone mentioned this complex earlier in thread, it's owned by same company as Highland Hills so most of the stuff mentioned stays the same. Mission Hills is still being built, so quite a bit of construction going on so far more noise. It's located probably 10 minutes closer to the Oregon border, but further from highway(s). Kind of out in farmland so once construction is done probably a quieter neighborhood than most but also means you have to drive several minutes to get groceries or a video. - Park at Mill Plain - very large apartment complex, one of the few I saw that had spent a large amount of money landscaping the complex - lakes, fountains, that kind of stuff. Oddly enough had very little availability when I visited, and it's hundreds of units, so must be pretty popular. Seemed nice enough from what I saw, same general area of Vancouver as Mission Hills but in the "urban" section so no driving several minutes for groceries. - Larkspur Place - located right next to Vancouver Mall area, which I thought was ****, so depends on whether you want to live right next to a giant shopping mall. Apartments themselves were very large inside and good floorplan/layout, complex on the older side and sort of cramped, parking sucks. Was not terribly impressed with the office help. - Willow Pointe - Located in Salmon Creek area, intersection of 205 and I-5, nice floor plan, older complex and fixtures are 1970-ish although I think the complex is newer than that. I opted to live here, for what it's worth. Best floorplan, cost, and location, being that it's a quiet complex backing up on the Salmon Creek greenbelt and close to a Fred Meyer, Safeway, driving range, and library.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area