Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,641 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Vancouver in December and will be looking for an apartment. I am divorced, in my mid 50's and am looking for an area where I can easily walk to restaurants/bars, shopping and a lively atmosphere. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2015, 01:32 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,619,531 times
Vancouver is typically not described as "easily walked" outside of downtown. And even downtown is a bit of a stretch in terms of "lively atmosphere."

That said, it's worth looking at Cascade Park East and Fisher's Landing to see if that's what you had in mind.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:26 PM
JYT

109 posts, read 125,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portree View Post
I am moving to Vancouver in December and will be looking for an apartment. I am divorced, in my mid 50's and am looking for an area where I can easily walk to restaurants/bars, shopping and a lively atmosphere. Any suggestions?
Move to the Portland, Oregon area. Portland and Vancouver, WA are as if Humboldt County, CA turned into a metropolitan. Except Seattle, WA. I view Portland, Oregon and Vancouver as Humboldt. Humboldt, CA is like if a colony from Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, relocated there to start a new life with dreadlocks, street life, marijuana smoking, hippie, hipster living. Enjoy.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:11 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,033 times
have you looked at the condos called Parkview near Ester Short park. I thought they looked charming for a single person. You are in the middle of everything in downtown Vancouver. You can always use Uber or those car share companies for occasional car trips. The only down side I can think of is they are Right NEXT to the park and we have A LOT of festivals at Ester Short. So if quiet is what you like, beware. Otherwise you have a balcony seat for any concerts!

Old 12-10-2015, 01:21 AM

56 posts, read 117,798 times
Anything on Mill Plain east of 205 or off 164th agree downtown really doesn't offer anything stay around fishers landing or cascade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area