Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 12:06 PM

5 posts, read 12,514 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to connect with someone who is homeless. He came during the food distribution program at St. James catholic church on Washington St. and W12th where I'm volunteering. He came twice and I was hoping that he would show up again but never did. He didn't owe me anything and I didn't owe him anything, but he left a deep impression in me that I'm hoping to see him again because I would like to support and help him with his 'ministry' on the street.

He is not your typical homeless. He was an engineer but left everything to spread the words of God to people on the street, to tell them that God still loves them. He told me his name is Andrew. He's in his mid-thirties (I think), medium built, dark hair, beard, soft-spoken. The last time I saw him more than 2 months ago, he was wearing a plain navy pull-on hoodie and black pants. He's not violent at all, in fact, he told me he is against any type of violence.

From what I remember the last time I spoke to him, he's not on the street anymore. Someone he met at church let him live with him. I didn't ask what church, but I remember he told me that he attends Bible studies and prayer groups at places of worship in downtown Vancouver, WA.

I sent emails to churches downtown but haven't gotten any response so far. I drove around downtown to no avail. Did anyone here have experience locating someone who is homeless? Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area