Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 09:18 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,489,895 times

Advertisements

Woody's Tacos has the best made chips I have ever tasted. Also, their care asada tacos are excellent. An excellent value as well. Also, Blind Onion, my favorite pizza joint, is a can't miss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 10:51 AM

467 posts, read 520,770 times
Last night we ate at Golden Tusk (Thai) on Main in Battle Ground with friends. As soon as I got there I realized we had been there before. It is very good Thai food.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:06 PM

17,115 posts, read 11,966,756 times
Yeah Golden Tusk and Happy Family in Battle Ground are our usual take out places when we don't feel like cooking.

Went to Tommy O's in downtown Vancouver for the first time this weekend. The Kalua Pork Tacos were some of the best tacos I've ever had. Which is an odd thing to say about a Hawaiian joint heh.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:28 AM

We met family at Lapellah in Grand Central on Columbia House Blvd the other day. While the food was good, the service was very slow even though they did not seem to be very busy.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:05 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,946,563 times
Bilmo's pizza on 164th is now Blind Onion pizza. Blind Onion is a Vancouver business, no? They make mighty fine pizza. We stopped in tonight on a whim, and even though we would not eat this frequently, their pizza is a good treat. I've got to look at their menu to see if they have a thin crust. They do not skimp on cheese, that's for sure.

Old 09-21-2016, 11:03 PM

379 posts, read 337,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Bilmo's pizza on 164th is now Blind Onion pizza. Blind Onion is a Vancouver business, no? They make mighty fine pizza. We stopped in tonight on a whim, and even though we would not eat this frequently, their pizza is a good treat. I've got to look at their menu to see if they have a thin crust. They do not skimp on cheese, that's for sure.
Vinnie's 2 on Main is pretty good.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:24 AM

469 posts, read 519,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuecon99 View Post
Vinnie's 2 on Main is pretty good.
I'm hearing the same thing from friends that go quite often. I really want to try it out.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberous View Post
I'm hearing the same thing from friends that go quite often. I really want to try it out.
We have Vinnie's 1 (just called Vinnie's) in Ridgefield. We like it very much.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:53 AM

Last night DH picked me up at PDX and I was starved. We decided to go to Hudson's Grill in the Heathman Lodge. It was crowded (but we got a table for 2 right away!) and noisy, but I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the price. I ordered the filet that was the special of the night. It was cooked to perfection. DH had the seafood stew, which was also good. It is certainly not your go-to restaurant very often, but I was impressed with the quality.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:07 PM

5,309 posts, read 7,595,498 times
After 6 months living in the area my wife and I have settled on Petra House as our new favorite Vancouver area restaurant. It is a Jordanian restaurant way out on 164th in the same strip mall as the McMenamin's Very nice middle eastern restaurant with all the usual middle eastern dishes plus some unique Jordanian specialties. You can either sit on the floor in private booths or sit at normal tables.

Petra House Restaurant, Vancouver – Traditional Mediterranean Food | Located in Vancouver, WA

For good traditional Chinese food we have discovered a place called Tangs Wok which is a little strip mall joint on SE McGillivray Blvd across in the strip mall across the street from New Season's Market (sort of diagonal across 164th from Fred Meyer. Apparently it is a place that has been there for a while but there are brand new owners (Mr. and Mrs Chen) who are trying to make the place more traditionally Chinese and not so much a copy of Panda Express. We found the food to be delicious and the new owners very engaging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area