Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 6,172 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am considering renting an apartment near Columbia Tech Center in Vancouver, WA. The area I am interested in is located about one mile east from Whole Foods Market on SE Mill Plain Blvd. Safety is my number one priority as I am not familiar with the area. Is the area very safe? Are there nice parks/trails nearby where I can job or ride a bike after work?

I called a couple of newer apartments in the area and they quoted around $1150 for a one-bedroom with NO water/sewer/garbage included. Does that sound reasonable for a newer unit for the area?

Luckily I work from home and have a lot of freedom in terms of selecting an area to move to. If there are other safe areas near Vancouver, WA I should consider, please recommend.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 03:38 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,502,464 times
It's a nice area, a little busy but the apartments are new and seem pretty high end. You'll have several walking paths and bike trails nearby. I believe there's even a farmers market and concerts in the park in the summer. Very safe.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:58 PM

5 posts, read 6,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml1976 View Post
It's a nice area, a little busy but the apartments are new and seem pretty high end. You'll have several walking paths and bike trails nearby. I believe there's even a farmers market and concerts in the park in the summer. Very safe.
That puts me a little more at ease about the area. Thank you!

Old 05-14-2016, 05:21 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
You would have to try hard to find an unsafe area anywhere in Vancouver.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:39 PM

379 posts, read 339,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaldduk View Post
Hello,

I am considering renting an apartment near Columbia Tech Center in Vancouver, WA. The area I am interested in is located about one mile east from Whole Foods Market on SE Mill Plain Blvd. Safety is my number one priority as I am not familiar with the area. Is the area very safe? Are there nice parks/trails nearby where I can job or ride a bike after work?

I called a couple of newer apartments in the area and they quoted around $1150 for a one-bedroom with NO water/sewer/garbage included. Does that sound reasonable for a newer unit for the area?

Luckily I work from home and have a lot of freedom in terms of selecting an area to move to. If there are other safe areas near Vancouver, WA I should consider, please recommend.

Thank you!
I live in one of those complexes. Nice apartments, very safe area, wouldn't hesitate to walk around at night. Probably won't be here in August as I expect the rent to increase from the already too-high (in my opinion) low 1200s to 1350-1450. But from a safety standpoint, no issues at all.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
This is a very suburban and safe area.

There are Saturday farmers' markets in Camas and in downtown Vancouver. Neither are within walking distance of these apartments. Both are good markets; I prefer the Vancouver one.

The apartments are near several big box stores, and restaurants. There are also some office buildings going up in that area.

Drive down 1st Street far enough, and there is a lovely little lake with walking path around it.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:59 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,502,464 times
Not sure if they're doing it again this year but there was a farmers market at Columbia Tech last year.

Vancouver Farmers Market at Columbia Tech Center | What's Happening | Columbia Tech Center

Old 05-16-2016, 12:49 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,958 times
Quote:
The area I am interested in is located about one mile east from Whole Foods Market on SE Mill Plain Blvd. Safety is my number one priority as I am not familiar with the area. Is the area very safe?
Very safe. You will see mothers with their kids and women walking solo all the time. Most kids walking home from school, no problems.

Quote:
Are there nice parks/trails nearby where I can job or ride a bike after work?
Not sure about trails and parks "nearby," but Vancouver has lots of parks. And you most certainly can ride your bike around -- lots of bikers in Vancouver. As for trails, there are tons of places to go all around Vancouver and Oregon on both sides of the river, some of the most scenic recreation anywhere in the United States.

Quote:
It does. Prices will be going up too.

Quote:
Most places in Vancouver are very safe. Around the Vancouver Mall is a little dumpy, but anywhere else, pretty darn safe. You can rent a place either on, or with a view of, the Columbia River and the Gorge, and likely get a stunning view of Mt. Hood in the background. Camas is beautiful and great schools, Washougal is a little further east and a bit more rural, but beautiful and cheaper. Then you have tons of other areas as well, like Felida, Salmon Creek, Fisher's Landing. If you want less people and want to be away from retail, you can get a place either on or near Vancouver Lake, it's so quiet (other than the big trains that rumble through). And if you really want to be away from it all, drive on up to Battle Ground, you'll be able to find a nice spread with acreage, and live amongst the farms.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:43 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,791,878 times
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you!
I work in the area, travel from 192nd and other local places...Yes, quite safe, but damn the price you'd be paying?..ouch.....But the trade off is that it's a very safe area...

Old 05-17-2016, 02:45 PM

79 posts, read 144,542 times
Yes, very safe and close to many amenities. Columbia Tech Center will have the farmer's market again this year on Thursday afternoons/evening, also movie nights and Sunday concerts. We are also getting a nice little pod of food carts durning the summer. I walk in the Columbia Tech Center Park daily and often in early morning hours and always feel perfectly safe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area