Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 10:03 PM

9 posts, read 20,271 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm potentially moving to the area bringing my husband 2 dogs and 2 cats with a mother in law in tow. I'm seeing that there seems to be a bit of a housing shortage in the area and wondering from some locals advice. I may be taking a job in Camas and beginning the search for places to live. While our ideal situation is to buy with space to build in law apartment eventually, prices are much higher than where I'm coming from. Until both houses sell I'm think I'm looking at rentals which seem few and far between in the Vancouver/Camas area.

I am willing to commute about an hour and could possibly take more. I'm coming from South Dakota so I'm not concerned with any winter commute even with potentially icy conditions I've heard about. Any areas you'd recommend? Camas looks to be well out of the price range, so the question is where do I look?

Is there much in the way of short term rentals for just myself and possibly the cats while the house situations work out?

Besides Craigslist is there any local postings I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance. Any advice is welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 01:50 PM

5,442 posts, read 7,737,640 times
There is a big brand new apartment complex behind the Costco in Camas which is right on the border of Camas and East Vancouver. They have leasing signs up everywhere on the road behind Costco. That might be one place looking for renters. Can’t tell you about the pet issue though. That will be your biggest hurdle I think.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:58 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,943,585 times
most apartments have a 2 pet max (and usually breed and or weight limits); your best best will be an individual landlord but you haven't said your price-range. I would look all over the metro (on the WA side) - camas, washougal, ridgefield, battle ground (woodland may be too far) and of course vancouver itself.

zillow is commonly used; and also pad mapper congregates listings. You could also try searching the local property managers - but be ready to give a larger deposit because of the multiple pets.

good luck!

Old 10-09-2017, 08:00 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,033 times
There is a rental house community that we looked at . They take pets and have 3 bedroom options.
http://www.summerfieldrentalhomes.com/communityThe

Old 10-09-2017, 08:44 PM

9 posts, read 20,271 times
Thanks for the responses so far. Yes this will be tough. When I’m on my own 1k will be my limit. With my husband here after he joins me I will be able to do 2k or more assuming we have the rental income or house is sold. That will be the kicker for us. Even an individual landlord may be tough with all of our animal kiddos. We didn’t really expect to be renting again! But life happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area