Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,367 times

Advertisements

Camas has great schools! They are known for there schools. How much does Church play a part in Woodland? I am LDS. THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile2338 View Post
Camas has great schools! They are known for there schools. How much does Church play a part in Woodland? I am LDS. THANK YOU
There are plenty of LDS in North Clark County and Woodland. I have several friends who are active in wards in those areas.

Since WA is less than 5% 'churched', and Eastern WA is much more so... I would say the stats in Western WA are closer to 3% (Less in many metro areas),

Church (per-say) does NOT have a significant role in western WA towns (except Lynden, Dutch Reformed... i.e. hardly any stores are open in Lynden on Sunday, just the big box / franchises). Hockinson has a strong Apostolic Lutheran and LDS population, but it is not a functioning town / city... just a couple convenience stores, + schools, and churches. (10 minutes to Vancouver in case you need something else)

Woodland is pretty strong Hispanic, so I'm sure it has a decent Catholic offering for church. And there are several struggling community churches.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
I used to go to Woody's Auction every Thursday.

Besides the usual chickens, ducks, rabbits, etc., in the spring and summer there is (or at least used to be) a nice selection of nursery stock (bare root trees, etc.).

Old 10-29-2011, 09:23 PM

101 posts, read 327,818 times
Woodland is an excellent place for families and great fishing on the Lewis river,you might want to brush up on your Spanish

Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Does anyone know if the Riverside Tavern is still there? I used to go there once in awhile and get their deep fried cauliflower. Soooooo good.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:02 AM

652 posts, read 680,352 times
Hello, my name is Randall and I live here in woodland, wa. I been here since 2002 or so and its not a bad town. we have a walmart, les schwab, and a safeway here. I actually graduated from the high school here in 2006. I'm glad those days are over with. I hate being crowed in the hallways just to get to my other classes and for lunch too. They had some nice teachers when I was there. I imagine things have changed since I was there. The high school was getting so full with students that they had to bring in some trailers to have classes in them.
there is not much to do here if you ask me. there is no places to go bowling or play arcade games. you would have to go to longview or vancouver to find family fun or entertainment like movie theaters.
Its hard to find work here if you ask me. Anyways, I hope to move some day soon.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:16 PM

37 posts, read 141,955 times
Default river side travern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Does anyone know if the Riverside Tavern is still there? I used to go there once in awhile and get their deep fried cauliflower. Soooooo good.
hi i live in woodland and have for the past 18 years so if you need more help just ask and i will do what i can.
as for the riverside travern fern the lady that owened it has sold it.
it know has bin remodel an is now a family restruant until 8pm than after that no buddy under 21 as it turns into a full bar.
lastly it has bin renamed the fat moose but 1 of the orgional riverside tavern signs it still stand on the place and says riverside travern.
p.s woodland is growing leaps and bonds and when were finnaly pull out of the econmail downtrun were going through at present woodland is going to grow leaps and bounds and loose its small town chram.
so i for one hope to be gone before it happens it when it does which will woodland will no longer have the small town apeal hit did have.
restless in woodland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area