Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 11:58 AM

5,306 posts, read 7,592,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
"no later than October 16th" ...not too useful to those of use who travel FT w/o a forwarding addy.

Too slow too late... I am home for 7 days. leave on 13th (hit the road),

Guess my vote won't happen or count. (not unusual for the 35 of 39 counties in WA who form the 'minority'). Too bad I won't have a say in local matters, but a 'democracy' purposely does not represent the views or tax revenues or / job creation of those contributing and finding the financial health of the community.

+/-

Great 'system' for renters / transient residents / those feeding off the public pig trough.
You can have your Clark County ballot sent directly to any out-of-state address that you want. They make it pretty easy compared to most other states: https://clark.wa.gov/elections/trave...uring-election

And if you are military or overseas, you can even return your ballot via email.: https://clark.wa.gov/elections/trave...uring-election

What would you have them do to accommodate you if you decide to be outside the state for long periods of time without a forwarding address?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 12:50 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,724,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
I don't know how you got your ballot and sent it back already if you are a WA resident, unless you requested an advance absentee ballot. The regular ballots don't go out until next week.

Curious...... ... I do recall the letter from the elections section. Had the ballot, secrecy envelope and the instructions as per normal.......about a month ago? If not for upcoming elections, then what was it? I do recall that it did have the choices for either party (Presidential) and other races......I am in Vancouver (Clark county) but get mail in Cowlitz county. Which includes election ballots

Old 10-08-2020, 12:51 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,587 posts, read 57,536,124 times
Send the ballot with enough leadtime to forward it to a travel location would be a very simple solution to availing the opportunity to vote.

There is so much fraud in WA state systems it really doesn't matter. Christine got elected with a lot of votes from felons and the deceased. (I was dealing with my dad's estate during that era. His vote was used in 2 elections after he died.) Yesterday the 4th case of WA state ESD (unemployment insurance) fraud came up in our very small employment group. (Hundreds of millions $ of fraud as of 5 months ago, greatest loss of all of USA systems, still ongoing.) https://www.npr.org/2020/05/22/86068...ployment-fraud

Old 10-08-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Curious...... ... I do recall the letter from the elections section. Had the ballot, secrecy envelope and the instructions as per normal.......about a month ago? If not for upcoming elections, then what was it? I do recall that it did have the choices for either party (Presidential) and other races......I am in Vancouver (Clark county) but get mail in Cowlitz county. Which includes election ballots
I think the counties operate fairly autonomously. I'm guessing that the 3-week deadline for mailing of ballots before an election is just that. A state deadline. And that different counties are free to send them out earlier if they want. Clark County has 5x the population and a lot more towns than Cowlitz County. So I'm guessing they have a lot more complex array of different ballots to deal with in addition to a lot more volume.

Old 10-08-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Send the ballot with enough leadtime to forward it to a travel location would be a very simple solution to availing the opportunity to vote.

There is so much fraud in WA state systems it really doesn't matter. Christine got elected with a lot of votes from felons and the deceased. (I was dealing with my dad's estate during that era. His vote was used in 2 elections after he died.) Yesterday the 4th case of WA state ESD (unemployment insurance) fraud came up in our very small employment group. (Hundreds of millions $ of fraud as of 5 months ago, greatest loss of all of USA systems, still ongoing.) https://www.npr.org/2020/05/22/86068...ployment-fraud
Basically allowing people doing out-of-state travel to use the same early absentee system as military and international ballots would accomplish the same thing with a lot less disruption. For 99.9% of the population getting your ballot 3 weeks in advance is not a problem.

Old 11-04-2020, 08:45 AM

203 posts, read 163,064 times
I’ll just use this thread instead of opening a new one. Are there any significant changes for Clark County as a result of this election? Basically, if someone could explain to a non-local what will change, if anything. Thank you. I know that Portland passed some pretty major initiatives.

Old 11-04-2020, 05:42 PM

Nothing that I can see. I think one state legislative seat flipped from GOP to Dem but that's about it. The only binding initiative was the one about sex ed which was approved by a wide margin. So the fundamentalist Christians who were objecting to sex ed in schools and did all the church-based petition drives will have to put up with it or opt their kids out.

Mostly it is the same incumbents being returned. I only looked at the legislative races and not the county races so I'm not sure if any of them changed.

Old 11-04-2020, 11:42 PM

203 posts, read 163,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
Nothing that I can see. I think one state legislative seat flipped from GOP to Dem but that's about it. The only binding initiative was the one about sex ed which was approved by a wide margin. So the fundamentalist Christians who were objecting to sex ed in schools and did all the church-based petition drives will have to put up with it or opt their kids out.

Mostly it is the same incumbents being returned. I only looked at the legislative races and not the county races so I'm not sure if any of them changed.
Thank you, texasdiver. That’s what I thought, but what do I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area