Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2020, 03:09 PM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times

Advertisements

Moved here end of March of this year and established ourselves with the Vancouver Clinic.
I recently had a minor surgery done by their surgeon, which was in-office, and a local anesthetic, and was a little surprised how much they charged for the procedure. Called insurance to look over procedure and billing, and while the agent saw everything was "in order", she agreed it was very high in comparison to what she normally sees with this simple procedure. I was on the table for about 15 minutes, if that! Grrrrr....

Any experience with this clinic or any recommends for good honest mechanics... oops, I mean doctors?

Kinda feel I've been gouged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 02:45 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,944,880 times
I tried VC for a year or so and have since gone to Legacy and have been much happier with my treatments.

Old 10-27-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I tried VC for a year or so and have since gone to Legacy and have been much happier with my treatments.
Thank you, I'll look into it!

Old 10-27-2020, 07:37 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Always get a quote, I often end up getting my health care procedures in Thailand. (6 million people in USA use international health care options, as does much of Europe.)

I have used VC clinic and Kaiser in PNW.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Always get a quote, I often end up getting my health care procedures in Thailand. (6 million people in USA use international health care options, as does much of Europe.)

I have used VC clinic and Kaiser in PNW.
Well, um... a ticket to Thailand might be a little more expensive than what I paid for the minor surgery, but I'll keep it in mind.

But yeah, never thought I'd need to shop around for something like this. Paying a little more or less is one thing, but seems this was way out of bounds. I'm actually going to call them up and ask why.

Old 10-28-2020, 02:51 PM

467 posts, read 526,074 times
Could it be more a case of what payment your insurance allows for the procedure as much as the billed cost of the procedure? I think you are right to call the clinic billing office.

Old 10-29-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Well, um... a ticket to Thailand might be a little more expensive than what I paid for the minor surgery,
RT to BKK for ~$500 - $700 and there are medical kiosks at the airport to arrange transport for you and your family (who will be staying in the 'resort' wing of hotel...) You can do a few weeks in a remote resort, then come back to hospital for follow-up care. Thailand is not a bad spot to spend a PNW winter. Some friends do their Radiation Vacations there. https://www.patientsbeyondborders.com/

Do call VC, they have always been very fair with me.
First do some research on expected rates and copays for your specific surgery and care.

Old 10-31-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
RT to BKK for ~$500 - $700 and there are medical kiosks at the airport to arrange transport for you and your family (who will be staying in the 'resort' wing of hotel...) You can do a few weeks in a remote resort, then come back to hospital for follow-up care. Thailand is not a bad spot to spend a PNW winter. Some friends do their Radiation Vacations there. https://www.patientsbeyondborders.com/

Do call VC, they have always been very fair with me.
First do some research on expected rates and copays for your specific surgery and care.
Well, I suppose it could be an interesting way to have a holiday, lol! BTW, my ex is married to a Thai, they go every year, and are thinking of retiring there. I've seen the most beautiful pics, and he tells me I should go one day, but the climate there is a deterrent. Hot hot hot!
I like the PNW climate best.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Well, I suppose it could be an interesting way to have a holiday, ...
I like the PNW climate best.
Quote:
Moved here end of March of this year ....
Give it 10 - 20 more yrs, tho it only takes a couple years for many newcomers to head south, or some other direction for the 280 days / yr the PNW may not have the most ideal climate on Earth.

For some, it is just "lovely" in PNW, especially the proud who MUST be always RIGHT!!! (about their decision to move, plenty of those ).

+/-; no place is perfect for all, at all times.

Thailand can certainly be hot (as can PNW), but for many, it is not an available 'choice' to stay in the USA due to HC costs exceeding capability to pay.

Maybe you have an employer with HC benefits, or are a trust fund baby, or have loads of accessible $$.

Many in USA do not have such privileges. They die or go broke trying to afford HC, or often both. Leaving their family impoverished and homeless. It's the USA 'nightmare of reality'.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Give it 10 - 20 more yrs, tho it only takes a couple years for many newcomers to head south, or some other direction for the 280 days / yr the PNW may not have the most ideal climate on Earth.

For some, it is just "lovely" in PNW, especially the proud who MUST be always RIGHT!!! (about their decision to move, plenty of those ).

+/-; no place is perfect for all, at all times.

Thailand can certainly be hot (as can PNW), but for many, it is not an available 'choice' to stay in the USA due to HC costs exceeding capability to pay.

Maybe you have an employer with HC benefits, or are a trust fund baby, or have loads of accessible $$.

Many in USA do not have such privileges. They die or go broke trying to afford HC, or often both. Leaving their family impoverished and homeless. It's the USA 'nightmare of reality'.
Oof, didn't mean to start an argument about climate preferences. Thailand seems pretty extreme with the heat and humidity. I don't do well in it with my asthma in my experience. Anyways, hubs is from England. Fell for the soggy Brit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
View detailed profiles of: