Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 03:23 PM

Location: On the move..somewhere in Portland / Beaverton possibly
72 posts, read 65,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
We 'almost' bought a Lennar home in the Union High SD. But the Lennar selling agent was totally inflexible and not at all customer friendly. It was like she was selling hotdogs. We were only asking for a 'small' change to the cookie cutter property (a retaining wall) which we were willing to pay for and she admittedly said NO DICE. There are *very* rigid and scripted when it comes to selling their homes. However, they also tend to offer lower pricing like DR Horton.

We eventually purchased a New Tradition instead which is a PNW builder like Pacific Lifestyle that we are very happy with. They are also excellent to deal with with great warranty customer service after the sale. We have a friend who is a building inspector who lives in Camas. He's told us that the overall quality seems to be better with the PNW builders as opposed to the national builders like DR Horton or Lennar. Between the two, Lennar is supposedly a bit better. Just an FYI.

Derek

Thank you Derek for your advise.
Yes, I do see Lennar being inflexible but have also seen the same with Holt homes.

Currently, we have a plot reserved there and they are supposed to release pricing of the same in about a week, but am trying my luck with Camas SD properties but not getting what we like (and the few we liked, we got beaten by others).
The search continues..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2020, 07:19 PM

5,442 posts, read 7,735,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiA View Post
Thank you Derek for your advise.
Yes, I do see Lennar being inflexible but have also seen the same with Holt homes.

Currently, we have a plot reserved there and they are supposed to release pricing of the same in about a week, but am trying my luck with Camas SD properties but not getting what we like (and the few we liked, we got beaten by others).
The search continues..
My personal opinion is that all the best Camas locations are existing homes and, other than some really high-end stuff, most of the new construction is in less desirable neighborhoods in terms of geography.

If you aren't stuck on new construction you can find some great properties in Camas within established neighborhoods.

We looked at some new construction 5 years ago but settled on a Deer Creek home built in 2004 and haven't regretted it one bit. The location is unbeatable.

Old 11-06-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
My personal opinion is that all the best Camas locations are existing homes and, other than some really high-end stuff, most of the new construction is in less desirable neighborhoods in terms of geography.

If you aren't stuck on new construction you can find some great properties in Camas within established neighborhoods.

We looked at some new construction 5 years ago but settled on a Deer Creek home built in 2004 and haven't regretted it one bit. The location is unbeatable.

Agree completely and we are looking at old homes too. The ones we submitted an offer were 1997,2002 & 2008.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:12 PM

Thought of updating this forum which has helped me so much.
We finally bought a house in NE28th in Lennar homes. Closing is sometime in April/May, so will be moving to Camas soon.
Beautiful area around Green mountains, so excited to make this move.

Side note - The property market seems to be crazily hot even during this usually quiet time of the year. In the last 2 months, have seen Lennar sell over 14 houses in the same project !!

Old 01-27-2021, 12:38 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
We finally bought a house in NE28th in Lennar homes. Closing is sometime in April/May, so will be moving to Camas soon.
...!
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Le...4d-122.4475373

Congratulations, nice for you to bring closure to this effort.
Good choice and very handy location.

When we were looking for Camas homes (1982), We had several friends build on 232nd and also on Country Drive (Above and to east / overlooking Lennar). All but one are still there, and enjoying the neighborhood. The one who left was from AZ and headed home the first day they were eligible for SS. (Back to brown terrain vs. green +/-).

Enjoy your new digs, and what springtime will bring (yardwork!)

Old 01-28-2021, 12:39 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:

Side note - The property market seems to be crazily hot even during this usually quiet time of the year. In the last 2 months, have seen Lennar sell over 14 houses in the same project !!
Congrats! I'm glad you were able to find a home during such a crazy market as this. I drive by there all the time on my way for a paddle in Lacamas Lake.

Derek

Old 01-28-2021, 02:50 PM

Yeah, seems a pretty decent area and seems to be growing like crazy. excited to be so near a real lake (having spent last 4 years in Beaverton/Hillsboro area).

Old 01-29-2021, 12:51 AM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:
Yeah, seems a pretty decent area and seems to be growing like crazy. excited to be so near a real lake (having spent last 4 years in Beaverton/Hillsboro area).
We do have more lakes over here on the WA side. I highly recommend getting a kayak or paddleboard if you are not water adverse, especially living so close to Lacamas and Round Lakes. It free once you have your own equipment and a great way to get some exercise. There's some amazing lakes a bit north near Amboy as well. Here's a couple recent pics from a day trip there.

Derek

Old 01-29-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
We do have more lakes over here on the WA side. I highly recommend getting a kayak or paddleboard if you are not water adverse, especially living so close to Lacamas and Round Lakes. It free once you have your own equipment and a great way to get some exercise. There's some amazing lakes a bit north near Amboy as well. Here's a couple recent pics from a day trip there.

Derek

Thanks for sharing these amazing pics..
Not water averse but never done this too, so always worth exploring

Old 01-29-2021, 05:05 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
Looks like great fun, MtnSurfer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area