Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 03:18 AM

16 posts, read 34,063 times

Advertisements

Fella,

please share, how to overcome the stress
i'm going to go to Vancouver within the next 2 weeks
the degree of stress level is getting worse......

it's not about something new...
i did a lot of traveling
I love seeing something new

but it's not about traveling
traveling is something that u prepared
prepared the trip, the money

this is about settlement.....
about finding good school for my kids
finding house which is within my budget but in decent area
about finding jobs which I need to compete with natives
or others that is graduated in Canada
or just with another newcomer which speak better english than me

also about the news that Vancouver is one of the most unaffordable city in the world

about how long can I live without income and keep using my saving.....

about everything.... which is too many to talk here......

I know that I should rely on God....
but it's not that easy......

Please share here.... seniors, veteran....

Last edited by ruthndul; 09-24-2010 at 03:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,859,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthndul View Post
Fella,

please share, how to overcome the stress
i'm going to go to Vancouver within the next 2 weeks
the degree of stress level is getting worse......

it's not about something new...
i did a lot of traveling
I love seeing something new

but it's not about traveling
traveling is something that u prepared
prepared the trip, the money

R E L A X
You are in good hands.

What time of the day will you be arriving at the Vancouver International Airport? Hope it is not 2 a.m. (after mid-night)

Upon you arrival, you and your family will go through the normal procedure for landed immigrants. Look out for sign and/or officials/volunteers leading new immigrants to the designated line-up lane(s).

If you arrive at our Airport between 8am and 8pm any day of the week
(malheureusement they are closed on public holidays )
1) Look out also for Community Airport Newcomers Network (C.A.N.N.)
2) Their kiosk is located in the Immigration Landing room of the International Arrivals area.
3) Their multi-lingual staff will give you any necessary information to help you alleviate stress. (but no massaging )

Their Mission Statement
C.A.N.N. strives to facilitate the pre-settlement of all immigrants arriving in Canada at the Vancouver International Airport by offering individualized reception, orientation, information and referrals.

Caution. Don't bring too much cash. Thieves at the airport are targeting new arrivals. The best way is to open an account with a Canadian bank with reputable representation in Asia, and bank draft and bank money transfer.

Last edited by dougie86; 09-24-2010 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: deleted unanswered portion of OP's post

Old 09-28-2010, 02:51 AM

Thanks bro,

btw, are social insurance number, medical health card etc to be done in the airport ?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,001 times
Quote:
Thanks bro,

btw, are social insurance number, medical health card etc to be done in the airport ?
No, not everything is done at the airport.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:28 AM

thanks bro

Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,001 times
Good luck in Vancouver! It's a great place to live.

Just do it step by step, and everything will be alright. Try not to freak out. Many many immigrants made Vancouver their home.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:36 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,571,571 times
You will be alright man. You have made a very good decision to move to this beautiful country. Sure you may have some struggles but what is there that is worthwhile that does not involve some struggle to a degree. Your children and grandchildren will grow up in what I believe to be the best country in the world. They will be Canadians and they will have the values of Canadians. Freedom, Equality, acceptence of those different than yourself and so on.
Just take it one day at a time and look at it as the incredible adventure it is. By the way, Welcome to Canada and may God bless you and yours.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post

Just do it step by step, and everything will be alright. Try not to freak out. Many many immigrants made Vancouver their home.
Thanks bro.... that ease my pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
You will be alright man. You have made a very good decision to move to this beautiful country. Sure you may have some struggles but what is there that is worthwhile that does not involve some struggle to a degree. Your children and grandchildren will grow up in what I believe to be the best country in the world. They will be Canadians and they will have the values of Canadians. Freedom, Equality, acceptance of those different than yourself and so on.
Just take it one day at a time and look at it as the incredible adventure it is. By the way, Welcome to Canada and may God bless you and yours.

Amen !
All I do is for my children especially their education
If I'm being selfish, I'd stay in my country,
I live in a 3rd world country..... well.... u know....
when competition is lesser, money comes easier

Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,859,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post

Quote:
Thanks bro.... that ease my pain
Didn't you say that you were heading for Toronto in one of your previous threats?
Because if you are, remember to tell C.A.N.N. at the airport, and they will give you information on Ontario/Toronto. By the way C.A.N.N. is funded by the Federal Government and their service is free.

Last edited by dougie86; 10-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: spelling :(

Old 10-23-2010, 12:17 AM

Vancouver Bro....
Toronto maybe too cold for my kids, at least for winter for the first time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver