Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM

21 posts, read 125,123 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any corporate recruiters (specializing in computer programming) they'd like to recommend?

Anyone use a relocation service they highly recommend as well? Are they even worth it, really?

I'm also having kind of a hard time finding pet-friendly places we might stay for a month or so while looking for a more permanent place...any recommendations there as well?

Thanks, everyone! This forum has been invaluable to me so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyButtons View Post
...... I'm also having kind of a hard time finding pet-friendly places we might stay for a month or so while looking for a more permanent place...any recommendations there as well?
I can see where that may present a difficulty. Housing is at a premium and property owners who are renting out their places are not going to be very receptive to transients who only want a temporary place to stay while they look for something else more suitable. That would be whether you have pets or not. They want reliable, responsible, committed tenants that they can feel confident about staying there longer term and who will not trash their property. You might find something temporary in motels or trailer parks that are pet friendly but that's probably going to be much more expensive than if you were to rent a small apartment or basement suite for a few months or to find a place where you can get room and board temporarily.

You might have to resort back to your other plan of action of leaving the pet behind with your friend who said they would fly it up for you later after you get settled into a permanent residence.

I don't have any suggestions about head hunters or relocation services.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver