U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2012, 01:27 AM

5 posts, read 64,351 times

Advertisements

All you Vancouverites! Listen up!

Here are the differences between Vancouver and Toronto:

1. Vancouver school children learn to read and speak in American English. In Canada, we speak Canadian English, derived from British English.

2. Human Rights are not a part of any aspect of British Columbian living. To have Human Rights recognized, a citizen must make a claim to the Human Rights Tribunal. In Canada, Human Rights are written into Municipal and Provincial policy.

3. Vancouver and surrounding regions still practice racial discrimination and segregation. Most of Canada has moved on passed this white is right mindset.

4. Vancouverites have no idea they have been whipped by government into zombie like, can't think for themselves people. They actually believe the rest of the country functions like BC does. Ask any Albertan and they will surely tell you that just across the BC / Alberta border, the world is a much happier place.

5. Considering BC has just over 4 million people and ON has over 13 million, why is drug addiction, alcoholism, crimes against women and children rates so high? Anger and depression.

6. Why is depression rates so high in BC compared to ON? Because you folks treat each other like crap and think its normal. Anger? Same answer.

7. Vancouverites do not say please and thank you. In Canada, manners are the norm.

8. Vancouver is an ugly city beside the ocean. It has a few nice spots...oh but wait....segregation has kept certain people out.

9. Vancouverites speak AT one another and anyone else. They do not engage in communication unless they can get something out of it.

So now that you folks have learned that you are naturally born oppressed people...consider these facts:

1. King George is never going to rise from the dead. Give up your British ways. YOU LIVE IN CANADA.

2. The rest of the country sees how poorly you view others eg. You hate Toronto but have never visited. You believe that folks from the maritimes are poor and uneducated. Arrogant? Or just plain stupid? Afterall your teachers don't actually encourage you to have unique and original thinking.

3. Your arrogance is the reason you run back home after living in Canada. You can't handle freedom because you've never had it.

4. All Asians are not Chinese. But then again, being that white is right in BC, you wouldn't have a clue how to distinguish the difference.

5. Not all Black people are newcomers from Africa. Do I really need to say more......?

6. Welfare was created by whites for whites. READ YOUR HISTORY BOOKS.

7. In BC all you need is to pass a test but you don't need skill or ability to do anything. EG: High rates of car accidents. Poorly skilled or mannered government employees.

8. Due to 8, you only need to tow the line. Why be more?

9. When you travel to Toronto and meet people of different colour, we see your fear, prejudice, stupidity...but we don't hate like you do. Instead we pity you.

10. VANCOUVERITES DO NOT VOTE. You leave those decisions to who? Oh yeah....the white is right folks of West Vancouver, North Vancouver, White Rock and Chilliwack.

If Vancouver is such a great place, why are the only things you have to show your pride in: Desperate Housewives of Vancouver (Toronto would never be so crass!) and Gordon Campbell?

Grow up Vancouver. You practice Toronto hate without ever knowing why. You are taught to hate your fellow countrymen. You are taught to be angry, depressed, prejudicial, segregationist arrogant fools. You are taught by your parents and grandparents.

History doesn't lie. People do. Vancouverites are bullies. They hate people of all kinds...people of colour, people from other parts of the country, people who are new here, people who have more happiness and joy....you folks just hate.

Its all over the news every day .... oh yeah.... but Vancouverites don't watch or read the news. Better to not know so that you can avoid having to do something about the wrong that you all do to one another.

I am a proud Torontonian living in this god awful place. Instead of my fellow Canadians being supportive and encouraging I experience Toronto bashing all the time. Even in front of my children.

You people need to grow up. The rest of the country has.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-14-2012, 01:40 AM

35,318 posts, read 45,285,497 times
Welcome to the forum ProudToronto
Nothing like a good early morning troll post bashing all British Colombians to start of your CD forum participation..
As for
Quote:
You people need to grow up. The rest of the country has.
i hope you arent holding yourself up as an example of that statement.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 AM

5 posts, read 64,351 times
Thank you Jambo.....there are two kinds of people in BC....British Columbians and Canadians. You are right. I commented on British Columbians. Canadians in BC are great people, like in the rest of the country. But to get to them, a Canadian has to have secret conversations in low voices so that British Columbians can't hear. Canadians in BC fear the bashing BCers do to everyone else.

Trolling.....no. New. Yes.

Freedom.....your commentary suggests perhaps you are a British Columbian The thing that irks BCers is truth. You folks just don't want to hear what you do to others is not okay.

This ProudToronto never experienced racism, prejudice, or segregation in any part of this country except for BC. Its the norm here.....just ask your asian neighbour, or your only brown friend......before moving to BC I didn't even know the word BROWN was used to classify and identify people in racially discriminatory ways. Must be a BC invention...........

Oh wait.....here's one for you....in BC white folks still think its okay to ask non whites: where are your people from. In 2012 BCers still think that crap is okay.

Grow up? Okay ... if that bothers you..... get of the crack pipe and stop beating your wife.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:24 AM

I'm not a BC'er but i have been there and never seen what you describe, whats got your knickers in a knot about BC as i cant see how BC is relevant to some one living in Toronto.
By the tone of your rant i'm suspecting a racial implication and now all BCer's are coming under your broad stereotype.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:41 AM

1,328 posts, read 2,831,266 times
Um actually I find the accent in Vancouver a lot more strongly Canuck-sounding than the accent of Toronto. Especially when you consider the fact the younger generation in Toronto is sounding more American. In Vancouver people of all ages have a strongly Canadian accent. So the idea BCers 'sound American' is just wrong.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:43 AM

1,328 posts, read 2,831,266 times
BTW I love BC and Ontario.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:49 AM

24,336 posts, read 30,586,760 times
The OP's analysis is unduly harsh to say the least.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM

9,023 posts, read 12,204,297 times
He's a little intense, and what's the big deal, EVERYBODY hates Toronto.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:53 AM

Looking at the time posted and the tone of the topic i'd wonder if alcohol isnt playing a heavy role in the aggressive attitude.I'm thinking proudtoronto got dumped last night by some one from BC.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:33 PM

10,791 posts, read 7,988,299 times
Yes, way too much bile and stereotyping. I'm not overly fond of Vancouver either but I'm not about to accuse all Vancouverites of being a White Power Fan Club nor use such broad brush strokes on the entire city and its people, some of whom are great friends of mine.

My Mod Hat on:
There's a section in the TOS that states: "... there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility." This thread crossed that line. It can only degenerate into an ugly, flame-war. It is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.