Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 02:15 PM

1,048 posts, read 6,444,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loganite View Post
born and raised in Queens,Ny when I say "cold" I mean single digits to sub zero kiddies.
Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

An extreme cold spell in Vancouver is -5 Celsius, which is approximately 23 Fahrenheit. That's considered outrageously cold for Vancouver. Typically Vancouver's winters stay in the 30's and 40's Fahrenheit, or around 1 to 5 degrees Celsius. Canadians generally use Celsius when measuring temperatures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 08:29 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
One would need to apply for the necessary entry visas to live in Canada. I understand the requirements can make it quite difficult. Most are allowed residence due to Employment, school or marriage to a Canadian citizen. In fact if in your plans you desire Canadian Citizenship, the easiest way is thru marriage. Canada does not make it easy for Americans to take up residence or become citizens. My understanding is there is a 6 month limit on residing in Canada. I don't know how true that is, but I remember seeing it on a website. If moving to Vancouver is something you really want to do, I am sure you will find a way. It is a beautiful city, surrounded by mountains and water. It does rain alot as well as grey skies much of the year. Snow is rare although this year here in the Pacific Northwest we are getting clobbered by snow cold and ice. Good Luck.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Canada does not make it easy for Americans to take up residence or become citizens
Please this is inaccurate. Canada does not target Americans. As long as you qualify, do not have a criminal record, are healthy.. apply and you should be all right. There is no anti-American vendeta. You don't need to marry a Canuck. This is all a myth.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:37 PM
ck9

71 posts, read 124,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Anything under 23C for a Tucsonan is cold.
23 in vancouver is considered a hot day

Old 01-02-2009, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 26,433 times
Default Check out this forum

Discover Vancouver Forum - Vancouver Forum

A few days reading posts here, and you will have a pretty good idea of what life in Vancouver is like.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:23 PM

6 posts, read 14,073 times
thank you much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver