Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2016, 10:44 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of whipping up a vegan spice cake, tricked out to look like a pumpkin, for the Halloween gala Monday after next. But most parties, especially Halloween parties, are so overloaded with sweets. Can anyone suggest a vegan entrée that is also Halloweeny?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 07:12 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I'm thinking of whipping up a vegan spice cake, tricked out to look like a pumpkin, for the Halloween gala Monday after next. But most parties, especially Halloween parties, are so overloaded with sweets. Can anyone suggest a vegan entrée that is also Halloweeny?
Could do a squash soup or a vegan chili served in a pumpkin shell.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:50 PM

Mmm, that's a good one. I also thought of baking orange sweet peppers, carved into jack o'lanterns and filled with some kind of rice-and-beany stuffing.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:57 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Mmm, that's a good one. I also thought of baking orange sweet peppers, carved into jack o'lanterns and filled with some kind of rice-and-beany stuffing.
What a great idea! I'm stealing it, lol.

Or quinoa and squash as the stuffing...

Old 10-25-2016, 05:31 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
The absolute easiest desert to make is spice cupcakes or bunt cake using a Duncan Heinz spice cake mix and a 16oz can of solid packed pumpkin. (I find bundt cake easier than layer cake - you can just drip this icing down the sides and not deal with layers. I have done the Bundt cake with orange frosting and used black frosting to create the eyes nose and mouth.

I have several good vegan icing - frosting recipes.

I like Cliffie's idea of Jack O'Lantern stuffed peppers and MQ's idea of a Quinoa and Squash stuffing.

Now that I have an empty nest, and a neighborhood full of children, I'll probably take out pizza from Rise Pies, a vegan gluten free friendly pizzeria in my area.

And bake a vegan pumpkin pie using silken tofu. I have that recipe if anyone needs it.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
And bake a vegan pumpkin pie using silken tofu. I have that recipe if anyone needs it.

I wound up making my own vegan pumpkin pie along with the baked jack o'lanterns. It went over very well. Someone brought a phenomenal vegan squash soup. It was nice to have so many entrees available and not just sweets out the kazoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food