Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 12:54 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

My dd and I will be having dinner with my mom and my two brothers. They will likely have leg of lamb, my mother's tradition.

My daughter is vegan and gluten-intolerant. I saw a crustless tofu quiche that looked interesting.

Did lentil loaf for Christmas. Was thinking about something different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 12:37 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
How about some kind of stuffed avocado? It's egg-shaped and spring green in color, what could be more eastery?

Old 04-04-2017, 01:17 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I won't suggest any meat substitutes because I know you are not a fan. (but, I know some good ones)

Easter foods for me, include asparagus, carrots, artichokes, spinach, lemon flavored sauce, dill and cucumber, and egg dishes. Which won't work since you are vegan.

This recipe is one that I am thinking about trying this year. Vegan Lasagna I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

There are also some wonderful baked dishes (casseroles) that use artichoke hearts and asparagus. If you are interested I can give you some recipes.

Gluten free Lasagna noodles and pasta are available everywhere.

I also have the recipe for a decadent and delicious Easter cake with fruit. No one would know it is vegan.
Carrot salad is another Easter side. Many recipes online.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I won't suggest any meat substitutes because I know you are not a fan. (but, I know some good ones)

Easter foods for me, include asparagus, carrots, artichokes, spinach, lemon flavored sauce, dill and cucumber, and egg dishes. Which won't work since you are vegan.

This recipe is one that I am thinking about trying this year. Vegan Lasagna I Recipe - Allrecipes.com

There are also some wonderful baked dishes (casseroles) that use artichoke hearts and asparagus. If you are interested I can give you some recipes.

Gluten free Lasagna noodles and pasta are available everywhere.

I also have the recipe for a decadent and delicious Easter cake with fruit. No one would know it is vegan.
Carrot salad is another Easter side. Many recipes online.
I'm not vegan, but my daughter is. I eat eggs all the time. I was trying not to do pasta, but yes, send over an artichoke and asparagus casserole recipe! Yum! She's been gf since she was 15, so finding products is easy for her.

She is making a vegan cake already. So the quiche and an asparagus and artichoke dish will be great, and we will eat my mother's vegetables, too.

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
How about some kind of stuffed avocado? It's egg-shaped and spring green in color, what could be more eastery?
That is a cute idea.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:15 AM

Stella Cheese | Roasted Asparagus and Artichoke Spring Casserole

This one is good. If you don't like feta cheese I think it would work well with Jarsburg or Swiss.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219129/...oke-casserole/ And this http://thewimpyvegetarian.com/2012/0...aragus-quiche/ - the crust is amazing!

Last edited by sheena12; 04-05-2017 at 01:27 AM..

Old 04-05-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:

This one is good. If you don't like feta cheese I think it would work well with Jarsburg or Swiss.

Amazing Spinach Artichoke Casserole Recipe - Allrecipes.com And this Spring Asparagus Quiche - the crust is amazing!
Thanks. I love feta, and the vegan daughter will probably eat it as she sometimes allows herself "encounters with dairy" on special occasions.

ETA: and kalamata olives, too! I may use the grilled artichokes in a jar from Trader Joe's. SO good.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Amazing Spinach Artichoke Casserole Recipe - Allrecipes.com And this Spring Asparagus Quiche - the crust is amazing!
I made the first one--with feta for the church brunch, without feta for the family dinner. Both versions were hits. And I have leftovers.

Old 04-17-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I made the first one--with feta for the church brunch, without feta for the family dinner. Both versions were hits. And I have leftovers.

I'm so happy to hear that, MQ! We ate brunch out yesterday, which was enjoyable, but I made that on Saturday because I like to have food in the house after holidays.

It's very versatile, and I've taken it to church functions frequently. How was it without the feta?

It's also good with quinoa instead of rice. This year I used frozen quinoa, which made it even easier.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I'm so happy to hear that, MQ! We ate brunch out yesterday, which was enjoyable, but I made that on Saturday because I like to have food in the house after holidays.

It's very versatile, and I've taken it to church functions frequently. How was it without the feta?

It's also good with quinoa instead of rice. This year I used frozen quinoa, which made it even easier.
I actually thought of using quinoa. Next time. I didn't know frozen quinoa existed. I have two different kinds in the cabinet, though, so I will use that up.

I like the feta, but the vegan version was tasty. Oh, and instead of "canned artichoke hearts" I used the jar of grilled artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's. They are SO good.

I have leftovers of the vegan version, and I think I am going to mix in some chick peas later and call it dinner.

The tofu quiche was just OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food