Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 07:11 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,102,406 times

Advertisements

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muesli
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 07:47 AM

18 posts, read 24,779 times
When I have some time - poached egg with avocado on toast (and it would be perfect to have freshly squeezed juice there, but my juicer broke down!)
Sometimes I make pancakes in the morning - I use ripe banana instead of eggs.
I've heard about Millet Breakfast Porridge, especially with coconut milk - it is a great way to start the day, with some fresh or dried fruit. But most of the time I'm too lazy to wait for it to boil (about 20 minutes). You can also make it day before and reheat it in microwave.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:37 AM

80 posts, read 70,277 times
Roasted cubes sweet potato, almost daily. I'll add salsa or a mustard, or harissa or BBQ sauce to change things up. Love sweet potato, have yet to get sick of this. I top with an egg but you could add tofu too. Other than that, I've done lots of sautéed spinach topped with egg, tofu scramble and veggie burritos, or any leftover roasted veg I have. Oh also mashed sweet potato with pb, yum. You do any kind of hash too.

I just had leftover roasted Brussel sprouts and radishes for breakfast today

Old 04-11-2017, 07:58 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggirll View Post
Roasted cubes sweet potato, almost daily. I'll add salsa or a mustard, or harissa or BBQ sauce to change things up. Love sweet potato, have yet to get sick of this. I top with an egg but you could add tofu too. Other than that, I've done lots of sautéed spinach topped with egg, tofu scramble and veggie burritos, or any leftover roasted veg I have. Oh also mashed sweet potato with pb, yum. You do any kind of hash too.

I just had leftover roasted Brussel sprouts and radishes for breakfast today
I would eat that for breakfast!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:30 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Lately I have been having cottage cheese and fruit with some cinnamon.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:41 AM

126,266 posts, read 19,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Lately I have been having cottage cheese and fruit with some cinnamon.
Swiss Müsli recipe

2 cups large steel oats
1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flax seed
Honey pending how sweet you like it
Roasted almonds as you like
juice from one lemon
Green grapes
1 banana
1 apple of your choice
Blueberries
Peach
Plum
( You can choose your fruit pending on the season)
Mix generously with milk or plain yogurt

I make my Müsli the night before if it is with milk.We love it when the oats are soaked up from the milk.In the morning I just mix it one more time.The aroma of the lemon comes out.
If done with yogurt I add the yogurt an hour before breakfast well mixed.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Swiss Müsli recipe

2 cups large steel oats
1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flax seed
Honey pending how sweet you like it
Roasted almonds as you like
juice from one lemon
Green grapes
1 banana
1 apple of your choice
Blueberries
Peach
Plum
( You can choose your fruit pending on the season)
Mix generously with milk or plain yogurt

I make my Müsli the night before if it is with milk.We love it when the oats are soaked up from the milk.In the morning I just mix it one more time.The aroma of the lemon comes out.
If done with yogurt I add the yogurt an hour before breakfast well mixed.
Thank you for the recipe. I will definitely give it a try

Old 04-15-2017, 05:48 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Sometimes I have a fruit smoothie with "Plant Head" vegan protein powder. I generally do that when I am going to eat a lot later on. I vary the fruit.

Steel cut oatmeal is a favorite in the cooler months. I usually have it with berries, or cinnamon and apple or a banana.

I like Ezekiel English muffins with whipped butter and a poached egg. When we lived in NY, there was always a place to get a freshly baked bagel. Not as easy in the mid west, but when we are in a city, we usually pick up a dozen. I love cream cheese. My husband and vegan son exclusively use Tofutti vegan cream cheese spread.

I enjoy omelettes - sometimes with savory things such as cheese and greens or mushrooms.

Finally, I do enjoy breakfast patties and breakfast links, pig free sausage and scrambled eggs.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:19 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
I just made a multi grain cereal to be served hot with milk (I'm using rice milk) or with greek yogurt. I was clearing out the grains in the pantry.

Red rice
kamut
pearl barley
bulgur
Red Mill 7 grain hot cereal
Quinoa
raisens
Cooked with salt, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar free almond syrup (just a tad). Would have used coconut water but didn't have.

Once it was cooked I added some protein powder, poppy seeds, hemp seeds, whole flax seeds, chia seeds and unsweetened coconut.

It's really good.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-18-2017, 01:33 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
On Easter I made the asparagus/artichoke/olive/rice/feta concoction suggested by sheena12. It was very tasty. I also made a version without the feta for my vegan daughter.

I had leftovers, so today I threw an egg into the pan and put the rice mixture in with the egg, and that was breakfast and it was GOOD! Sort of a Greek fried rice, hehehe,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food