Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 08:28 AM

807 posts, read 1,032,619 times

Advertisements

I looooooooove egg-less french toast. Just dip some whole grain bread in a mix of almond milk, cinnamon, little flour, nutritional yeast, put it on a skillet, eat with maple syrup. Yummy. Think I'll go make some right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 10:42 PM

4,599 posts, read 2,990,451 times
Usually hot cereal: oats, or quinoa, or a combination of cream-of-barley + cream-of-buckwheat + corn grits (aka polenta).

Old 08-15-2017, 08:49 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,287,231 times
I am hooked on Larabars (bonus, they are always vegan!). I have one of them first thing, then a mid morning snack of a sliced apple or carrots and peanut butter. I do miss a hot breakfast, though, so I am struggling with finding something to have daily that is hot. I do not like oatmeal, I wish I did! I did peanut butter toast yesterday but am also mildly gluten intolerant so the bread made me feel yucky for the rest of the morning.

Breakfast has been the toughest for me going vegan because I ate eggs pretty much every day, and once a week or so I'd get McD's breakfast burritos minus the sausage. They were my favorite and it's still my favorite picante sauce. I wish they had it in jars to purchase instead of just packets!

Old 08-15-2017, 11:15 PM

236 posts, read 258,867 times
Either protein breakfast cookies (oats with protein powder, nuts, and other stuff) or cereal with almond or soy milk.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:14 PM

4,599 posts, read 2,990,451 times
Default also

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Usually hot cereal: oats, or quinoa, or a combination of cream-of-barley + cream-of-buckwheat + corn grits (aka polenta).
Cream-of-barley + teff makes a good combo too.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:35 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,484,481 times
I eat tacos. Cereal doesn't satisfy me for long and I don't like oats. But, I love my beans and rice. I make a big batch of beans/legumes/rice/veggies with some flax seed and spices, and then freeze it in separate baggies. Then, I just nuke some mixture, heat up some corn tortillas and eat a few tacos with nutritional yeast sprinkled on them, hot sauce and some fresh greens and tomatoes. Then, I'm good until noon.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I eat tacos. Cereal doesn't satisfy me for long and I don't like oats. But, I love my beans and rice. I make a big batch of beans/legumes/rice/veggies with some flax seed and spices, and then freeze it in separate baggies. Then, I just nuke some mixture, heat up some corn tortillas and eat a few tacos with nutritional yeast sprinkled on them, hot sauce and some fresh greens and tomatoes. Then, I'm good until noon.
That sounds really good!!

Old 03-08-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
That sounds really good!!
They are! And I have even learned to make my own corn tortillas. I'm not a great cook, but I have figured out a few things I really like and I just stick to them. Fortunately, I don't have to keep anybody else happy, just myself. And my dog likes them, too. Although, she's hardly picky.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:26 AM

I need something portable as I'm usually eating in my car on the way to work. I used to make an egg sandwich, but that's no longer an option. Today I made "chicken" tenders in the air fryer and took those with me! Lol

Old 03-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I need something portable as I'm usually eating in my car on the way to work. I used to make an egg sandwich, but that's no longer an option. Today I made "chicken" tenders in the air fryer and took those with me! Lol
I'm actually really thinking about the air fryer. Probably wouldn't use it a lot, but was wondering if you could make falafels in it? The falafel balls made out of garbanzo beans? Have you ever tried something like that?

Yeah, my tacos would destroy your shirt in the car LOL. I eat them with a paper towel bib at my laptop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food