Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2018, 07:48 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,564,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
We aren't insisting you feel guilty. The more interesting question is, why would a meat-eater come to a vegan forum to talk about how vegans insist omnivores feel guilty about anything? Seems to me you are seeking us out to harass us.

We aren't in any meat-lover forums harassing you. You are here. I think that's key here. If you don't want to argue with vegans, don't come to the vegan forum. Sorry, but....duh.
I never intended to come into the Vegan forum. It's not a special sanctum. This title was intriguing. You won't see me in discussions for and with Vegans only.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:53 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
and depending on the region, they would starve if they found nothing to hunt, or were unsuccessful.
Trying to work out your point here. So, if hunter-gatherers were in a region where there was no food, they would rather starve than eat plants?

Or they would be too stupid to move somewhere else where there were more plants and maybe some animals to hunt?

Really trying to figure out if there's any logic here at all.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
I never intended to come into the Vegan forum. It's not a special sanctum. This title was intriguing. You won't see me in discussions for and with Vegans only.
So, because you didn't intend to come into the vegan forum to harass vegans, that means you weren't harassing vegans in the forum that you came into, when you started harassing vegans in their forum?

Interesting defense.

Kind of like saying, "Your Honor, I never intended to go into the bar where I got into a bar fight, therefore, I can't be guilty of being in a bar fight in a place I never intended to go into before I went into it."

Old 07-15-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Trying to work out your point here. So, if hunter-gatherers were in a region where there was no food, they would rather starve than eat plants?

Or they would be too stupid to move somewhere else where there were more plants and maybe some animals to hunt?

Really trying to figure out if there's any logic here at all.
IDK. Not enough protein and fat.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
So, because you didn't intend to come into the vegan forum to harass vegans, that means you weren't harassing vegans in the forum that you came into, when you started harassing vegans in their forum?

Interesting defense.

Kind of like saying, "Your Honor, I never intended to go into the bar where I got into a bar fight, therefore, I can't be guilty of being in a bar fight in a place I never intended to go into before I went into it."
OK so who was intended to answer the question by the OP?

Old 07-15-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLikeable View Post
Made my mom watch " What the health". The movie talks about the dangers of eating animal products. Short term and long. Heart disease, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis. even with out the health issues the toll on the earth is unimaginable. I like this movie because it breaks it down with the facts, doctors, nutritionist and people who were actually going through these diseases. I work at a grocery store and I see people spend $100 or more on junk food and call it " necessity". And sometimes Ill ask " Where are the fruits and vegetables?" or " Wheres the real food?, this stuffs bad for you!". Deep down they know its bad but people do it ANYWAY! one lady even replied " Well.. I'm gonna die someday" as if that justifies living on junk 24 hours a day. The truth is people want to be lied to. They don't want someone telling them that they're favorite food could lead to an untimely death. After my mom saw the documentary she buys a fryer ( to fry foods) a week later. And its just proof that most are so brainwashed by the media so much that even when the truth is revealed they won't accept it. How can we change the world if the world doesn't want to be changed?
I have an obese Vegan friend. She says she cannot help it because so many places the only veggies they offer are fried. Vegans lie to themselves too.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:34 AM

1,934 posts, read 1,083,467 times
Quote:
We aren't insisting you feel guilty. The more interesting question is, why would a meat-eater come to a vegan forum to talk about how vegans insist omnivores feel guilty about anything? Seems to me you are seeking us out to harass us.

We aren't in any meat-lover forums harassing you. You are here. I think that's key here. If you don't want to argue with vegans, don't come to the vegan forum. Sorry, but....duh.
I've already explained that the OP's thread title is why I came here.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:32 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
IDK. Not enough protein and fat.
Why not? There is sufficient protein in plants, and fat in many of them. Definitely fat in seeds and grains.

If you ate a plant-only diet, you would survive, but if you ate a protein-only diet (with little or no fat) you would eventually die as a result.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:34 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
I have an obese Vegan friend. She says she cannot help it because so many places the only veggies they offer are fried. Vegans lie to themselves too.
There is a joke thing/meme out there somewhere about people who go veg eating too many french fries in the beginning.

Salad and french fries makes a pretty good dinner.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
IDK.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food