Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 01:57 PM

1,326 posts, read 1,145,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
There you go, you're exactly one of the militant judgemental vegans to which I referred.

As I taught my son as he was growing up, we're vegies because we're able to remain healthy in this environment. If one was stuck in the Antarctica & had no other choice, then only a fanatic would be brainless enough to starve themselves by not consuming the flesh of a fellow creature.

It boils down to whether one chooses to be a pain-in-the-butt & an inconvenience to others or not.
First, I am not a vegan, I am a vegetarian. But wow, accusing me of being a judgemental vegan?

The fact is that I don't care what you eat but you are not a vegetarian so stop saying you are one.

BTW, it's 2017, not 1917, there are plenty of veggie, even vegan, options in Antarctica. Believe it or not food is actually shipped in. Just ask anyone who has traveled there.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:19 PM

731 posts, read 682,051 times
I am a vegetarian who eats eggs and cheese and have been for almost 40 years.( Lacto-Ovo vegetarian) In fact, I have a pet milk cow and chickens. Its about that first do no harm vow. I allow myself three reasons where I could take a life . 1. self defense 2. to put an animal out of their misery 3. to survive. If I was in a plane crash in the arctic you bet I would eat Lemmings. I happily dine with those who choose to eat meat. Its no big deal.

Old 12-27-2017, 02:23 PM

88,885 posts, read 85,369,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
A person who eats meat is not a vegetarian. It's irrational to claim anything else.

I'm curious as to how vegetarians cause you inconvenience. Do they buy out your local store's produce department?
Errr, I think you misread that.

The person you are quoting is a (mostly) vegetarian. S/he is saying that you have a choice whether to be a pain in the butt or not AS A VEGETARIAN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food