Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 04:04 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,740,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I tried the plant pod creamer and it was HORRIBLE. Honestly - gawdawful. I threw it away.
I agree, I tried it a while ago and it was nasty.

Now I am hooked on vanilla dairy free soy milk creamer by Silk.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 11:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,931,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Great question, I am still searching for a good creamer too that is dairy free. Most are too sweet or have chemicals in them. The nut pods brand sounds decent.
I think the Nutpods are decent and they have an unsweetened vanilla.

The Elmhurst Cashew works well in coffee: https://elmhurst1925.com/collections...milked-cashews
But not the hazelnut, it is tasty but can be oily in a hot beverage. Works in a cold one.

Old 10-10-2020, 03:34 AM

5,457 posts, read 4,076,185 times
SO Delicious oatmilk creamer, I tried it, pretty good.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,758,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemohro View Post
I have a few coffee per week and I always had it with milk, preferably 2%. Now as we decided to cut dairy and meat (whohoo!!), I am stuck. I tried coconut milk and almond milk in my coffee, and hated both. There are so many options! I just got Ripple half half and it’s ok but maybe there is better?

Which creamer do you like best for your coffee?
2% is a terrible choice. All the sugar from lactose and no fats that actually help you stave off hunger. Plus any "low-fat" milk especially skim is so heavily processed there are hardly much enzymes left except for lactose which is milk sugar.

If you're trying to be vegan stop pretending and drink the black stuff straight. Avoid any processed creams such as coconut, almond milk, etc they are processed and most of them are full of sugars.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:58 PM

1,378 posts, read 415,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I know a lot of people who love oat milk.
I plan to try that next time I get milk. I usually drink Almond Breeze unsweetened. They only Silk Almond with Coconut milk this time and it's delicious too. I hate coconut but that milk is good. I get mine unsweetened since I use it for cooking too.

Old 10-16-2020, 02:02 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,246,666 times
Plain Half and Half - but not the ultra pasteurized version.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:00 AM

382 posts, read 173,022 times
I've tried a lot of them, but the only one I like is Silk Soy Vanilla creamer, I don't even care for the Original. I must've tried 6 other vegan types but none of them taste good to me. I use in both coffee and Masala Chai.

Old 11-25-2020, 04:55 AM

164 posts, read 127,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graytabbie View Post
I love Silk vanilla almond milk creamer. My absolute favorite!
I also used silk vanilla almond milk creamer in my coffee. Really loved it.
Thanks.

Old 11-25-2020, 09:28 AM

1,584 posts, read 985,033 times
I drink my coffee black and have done so for several years now. I never used powdered creamers because of the dodgy ingredients. If I were to add something, it would be a plant-based liquid creamer like a soy, oat, or almond based one.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:29 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,909,470 times
I buy a quart of original Silk Soy creamer. It makes my coffee light. Many 'creamers" hardly show up at all in the coffee. They are watery. Coffee Mate isn't vegan, but if any vegan company can come up with a similar formula in powdered form, I'm sure the sales would be high in number. I roast my green coffee beans, and love to buy from Coffee bean corral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food