Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 07:43 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,168,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
My post from some years ago may have been in the vegan forum but my point was not about whether or not it was vegan. My point was (and it's been some time now) that it is junk. Those type "Creamers" have nothing to do with Cream which IS dairy. THAT was my main point. But now that you mention it, and I hadn't noticed, I looked it up and yes, technically it may not be vegan but it is as much removed from dairy as you can probably get.

I'm not vegan by the way. I try to make good food choices but they are not based on ethics, they are based on health.
It's not personal and doesn't matter when you posted, you responded to the OP who was asking for dairy free. I was just pointing out that your post was incorrect, the OP was not interested in "dairy" creamer. It may not matter to you but it does to someone who is looking for dairy free. Your "ethics" have nothing to do with the OPs question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2022, 08:33 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,522,723 times
My post stated "Just FYI". I guess you missed that? That means I was not responding to anybody in particular. My point was, the word "creamer" doesn't really belong, period. There's NO cream in any of the creamers mentioned. The word "cream" comes from milk which comes from a cow. Even mock meat mentions that it is fake, so why not cream? It should be called coconut or almond cream instead of just cream. It's the name I have a problem with.

Old 04-18-2022, 07:33 PM

10,957 posts, read 7,503,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post

I try to make good food choices but they are not based on ethics, they are based on health.
I bet you make ethical food choices, too. Dolphin steak, anyone? Dog stew? CATgetti?

Old 04-19-2022, 01:05 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,522,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I bet you make ethical food choices, too. Dolphin steak, anyone? Dog stew? CATgetti?
I'm certainly no tree hugger. I don't fool myself into thinking I can make a difference by going vegan. What a joke.

I was born and bred on eating meat, from an early age. I am big and strong and rarely if ever get sick. I don't think I've got a cold in a decade or more.

As to which types of meats I eat, I don't eat animals that eat other animals. What's next, make your dog and cat vegan too? Doesn't surprise me. Who's being cruel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food