Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 11:27 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeNoSavvy View Post
Not really. It's customary to summarize the gist of the video or article. This will determine if I want more details. I'm not inclined to waste time on information overload just because you're unable to give us a quick summary.
Note, that poster is NOT the one who started the thread. He should not have had to summarize the video for you or anyone else.

And honestly, I'd agree with your larger point about summarizing the video IF it were some long, convoluted video, as way too many posters start a thread with a link to an hour-long video and NO comment at all. But even I had time to watch the 5-MINUTE video that the OP posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeNoSavvy View Post
you know, something like "Fake meat is fake and just not natural for humans to eat," for example.

and no, I didn't watch because nothing you said made me interested. I keep waiting for an article that shows just how disgusting this product is, which is why I clicked on it.
Well, you made it very clear that you didn't watch the 5-MINUTE video by what you wrote. It is NOT anti-vegetarian or anti-vegan. If you want a video that discusses how "disgusting" so-called "fake meat" is, then find one yourself and post it (with a summary, of course) -- but not in this particular subforum, as that would be incredibly rude. And I say that as a meat-eater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 09:39 PM

146 posts, read 123,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The anti-vegans will sure to find a way to nitpick and analyze this study for any and all faults, and continue to believe that animal meat is still much 'healthier' than plant based meat alternatives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwSla0m4MBk
Aside from your misused quotes, Beyond Meat ain't that healthy. It's a fake food.

Old 09-05-2020, 09:47 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose998 View Post
Could you give me the main points? I don't really care to spend time watching. I am, however, interested in the case to stop eating meat as it is something I am considering.
Fake meat BAD.

I see another one too:

Study: Plant-based meat alternatives improve cardiovascular risk factors compared with animal meat
https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Ar...h-animal-meat#

Old 09-18-2020, 09:40 PM

1,378 posts, read 412,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have learned to ignore such meat industry generated hysteria. It's so predictable.Idon't evencare tohear what they have to say.

Meat substitutes can be a wholesome and delicious addition toa meat-free diet. Should it be the center of one's diet. NO. Every meal should have more green vegetables than protein or carbohydrates.

Should they be eaten every day of the week? Probably not.

Still, it's a clean, healthy and nutritious food.

Their scare tactics are nothing short of pathetic. Fewer and fewer people are choosing meat at their source of protein. Those are the facts.
i enjoy some of the plant based items. here lately i've been getting a little grossed out by meat and it's by products.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:06 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Fake meat BAD.

I see another one too:

Study: Plant-based meat alternatives improve cardiovascular risk factors compared with animal meat
https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Ar...h-animal-meat#
Just because something is not as bad as meat doesn't make it good. I prefer food that comes from earth that nourishes, not food invented by a lab worker that comes from a factory and is created based on a profit-driven model.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:39 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
You have to add vegetables to burgers, regardless of whether they're meat or meatless. There is very little fiber in either. Chopped cabbage and slice tomatoes would help with fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin K.

cabbage

tomatoes

Meat and processed foods are bad for the digestive tract.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:03 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Excuse me.. What is "shocking" about it?

Old 09-22-2020, 06:18 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Beyond Meat may not be the healthiest, but it is healthier than some of the other stuff that people are eating. There was another thread on this topic some years ago, and I talked about how some of the comparisons are skewed and unfair. I'll see if I can dig it up!

Old 09-22-2020, 07:31 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciKS View Post
i enjoy some of the plant based items. here lately i've been getting a little grossed out by meat and it's by products.
Grossed out was how it began for me. Then I looked into Factory Farms and slaughter.

FACT - those who eat these do not eat them three meals a day, seven days a week. Meat eaters who want to be healthy are advised to use meat sparingly.

I eat it sparingly, it's satisfying and clean, and I know that no animal was murdered after living a short and horrible life full of pain and fear.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:42 PM

1,378 posts, read 412,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Grossed out was how it began for me. Then I looked into Factory Farms and slaughter.

FACT - those who eat these do not eat them three meals a day, seven days a week. Meat eaters who want to be healthy are advised to use meat sparingly.

I eat it sparingly, it's satisfying and clean, and I know that no animal was murdered after living a short and horrible life full of pain and fear.
Mostly I eat pastas and veggies and meatless pizzas. I eat a little chicken and a little hamburger but hardly at all anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food