Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 04:23 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Even if you are vegetarian and an item looks vegetarian, it might not be. Not all independent restaurants will label items as vegetarian either.
Yes - a lot of times beef or chicken broth will be used in some sauce or even things like animal fat in refried beans, french fries, etc. If you need to be extra careful (e.g. you're vegetarian or vegan for ethical reasons) you need to ask. If it's for health, the occasional slip on something that's a small portion of one item you're eating is not a big deal...

Old 11-29-2020, 06:42 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2BeeHere99 View Post
Restaurants hate this, people with real allergies hate this, but you do you.
Why should anyone hate this? It shouldn't make any difference at all to restaurants who fully intended to honor the diner's dietary request. The only restaurants who would hate this are the ones who intended to pull a fast one.

Old 11-29-2020, 06:49 PM

118 posts, read 77,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Why should anyone hate this? It shouldn't make any difference at all to restaurants who fully intended to honor the diner's dietary request. The only restaurants who would hate this are the ones who intended to pull a fast one.

A quick google search will show you, but here

https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...A9K/story.html

Old 11-29-2020, 07:00 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,065,924 times
Men are hunters and women are gatherers. Now go hunt some wild mushrooms!

Old 11-29-2020, 07:20 PM

1,107 posts, read 552,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2BeeHere99 View Post
A quick google search will show you, but here

https://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine...A9K/story.html
Can't read the article without an account.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:51 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
I’ve never had my manhood questioned, just occasionally the worn-out razzing about how great meat is etc that I’ve heard for 25 years. If they did, I’d probably have something more unkind to say in return.
Mike Tyson is a vegan...I’d like to see someone call him a disgrace to all men.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:12 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I’ve never had my manhood questioned, just occasionally the worn-out razzing about how great meat is etc that I’ve heard for 25 years. If they did, I’d probably have something more unkind to say in return.
Mike Tyson is a vegan...I’d like to see someone call him a disgrace to all men.

A disgrace...ha? IMO criticizing men for being a vegetarian isn't even a real thing.....specially from servers who want their tip. AND...think about the type of person that would heckle anybody on a computer or a stranger about what they are eating? It just makes no sense to me.

Fewer men are vegetarians.....BUT....I've never heard anybody called a "disgrace" for not eating meat & animal products...specially since a lot of meat is highly associated with a lot of cancers & other diseases. AND men now are more aware of their health than they were in the old days....so even if they aren't total vegetarians, they are eating less meat. AND being aware of their health & exercising is super manly!

Old 11-30-2020, 09:07 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,691,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
A disgrace...ha? IMO criticizing men for being a vegetarian isn't even a real thing.....specially from servers who want their tip. AND...think about the type of person that would heckle anybody on a computer or a stranger about what they are eating? It just makes no sense to me.

Fewer men are vegetarians.....BUT....I've never heard anybody called a "disgrace" for not eating meat & animal products...specially since a lot of meat is highly associated with a lot of cancers & other diseases. AND men now are more aware of their health than they were in the old days....so even if they aren't total vegetarians, they are eating less meat. AND being aware of their health & exercising is super manly!
I like to see what studies say eating meat causes cancers and other diseases. This is completely false. Eating grass finished meat is not only healthy it gives you more complete nutrient than any plant. What plant has both a complete protein, magnesium, potassium, and all the essential minerals in just 4 ounces a serving. There is no studies that show that eating high quality meats such as fish, grass finished beef, and any other quality meats is bad for you.

There are tribes of people that not only eat meat and vegs they don't ever get cancer. So don't spread false information.

Old 11-30-2020, 10:41 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Yeah, like eating only grass-fed beef is a realistic option for 8 billion people. There is plenty of evidence eating high amounts of red meat and especially processed meat increases the risk of cancer, specifically colorectal cancer.

Old 12-01-2020, 08:46 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,573,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I like to see what studies say eating meat causes cancers and other diseases.

I didn't say it caused cancer tho....just highly associated with it. Eating less meat is a good thing IMO...even if somebody isn't a total vegetarian. Ppl don't heckle or criticize other ppl for that....do they?

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yeah, like eating only grass-fed beef is a realistic option for 8 billion people. There is plenty of evidence eating high amounts of red meat and especially processed meat increases the risk of cancer, specifically colorectal cancer.

This.^^

Last edited by TashaPosh; 12-01-2020 at 09:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food