Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 06:26 AM

16 posts, read 7,773 times

Advertisements

It's totally depend upon the person, if you're too strict or emotional about being vegan than you should ignore eating that, because one of my friend turned vegan 3 years ago and last year after the pandemic she accidently ate non-vegan food. This hurt her more than our group thought, so it's totally depend on you. If you cannot handle than please don't eat. If you are vegan for animals welfare or cruelty free world then do not mind it because the harm is already done since the food is prepared. Also. do not get demotivated and motive other people's too for not giving up and spread more awareness about veganism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 06:54 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
Food Decisions:

This is not vegetarian but close. We were invited to a good friend's over the 4th and he was grilling, working hard and sweating over his food preparation (we are in the middle of a major heat wave). So, he got the trays of meat ready for the guests and laid it out. Typically he cooks sausage, hot dogs, hamburgers and turkey burgers.

I do not eat sausage or hot dogs or pork of any kind. Based on my ethnic background, we grew up never eating pork and some 7th Day Adventists readings (they are almost exclusively vegetarians of course, for those familiar) pork is considered an unclean and unhealthy meat. Which confirms my upbringing.

Anyhow, I chose two turkey burgers, the hamburgers were light colored so I was assuming turkey as usual.

I cut up the burgers and blended with a tomato and told my friend who prepared them how good these always are.

And he said "Yes, I got these for free from a farm. They are half beef and half pork." I groaned inside. I made the decision to go ahead and eat them because he had worked so hard over this food. Sent a quick prayer up for forgiveness and ate it.

A bit later I fessed up to him about my thoughts. And he told me the story of the old time preacher Smith Wigglesworth who never ate pork and was invited to a banguet and was asked to give a blessing:

In the banquet there in the middle of the table was a roasted pig. He said, “Almighty God, if you can now bless that which you have cursed, bless this foul pig to their bodies.”

Sometimes decisions are made out of courtesy to others or not really knowing how to deal with effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food