Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 12:16 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,373,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
I think I have a "log" in my freezer now. Just didn't get to it yet.

So far there products have been good. I've tried them many times.

Imp Burgers (block, 2 pk, 6pk) [x][x][x]
Imp MBs [x]
Imp CKN Nuggets [x]

Most people like them fine as is. If not, once you add your own spices or other ingredients they're perfect.

Based on their track record the Imp sausage should be just as good.
Yum, ground imps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 07:16 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,096,905 times
I’m still waiting for beef that tastes like broccoli

Old 07-13-2022, 09:58 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,010,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
thanks,I just tasted some,not bad
Quote:
I ate all 4,I dont think I will buy them again,too salty,
Quote:
I am not impressed.
You should try the Field Roast sausage prodcuts, including their Carmelized Onions & Beer Bratwurst. You might like it better.

https://fieldroast.com/product/bratwurst-sausage/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Read the ingredients and the nutrition label. These things aren't really healthy.
Where did you see where anyone claimed that it was?

Old 07-13-2022, 01:26 PM

2,443 posts, read 2,867,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I have seen no such issues, links for evidence?
I don't know if there are studies, but I work from the throne the day after eating a beyond burger.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:32 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,467,480 times
store hamburger patty is not good,if you want real ground beef,pick out a piece of roast when it is on sale and ask them to grind it for you.
some would rather grind it themselves at home as they dont like to use the grinder in store as it could have traces of previous meat grounded

Old 07-13-2022, 02:33 PM

277 posts, read 291,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk4042C View Post
I think I have a "log" in my freezer now. Just didn't get to it yet.

So far there products have been good. I've tried them many times.

Imp Burgers (block, 2 pk, 6pk) [x][x][x]
Imp MBs [x]
Imp CKN Nuggets [x]

Most people like them fine as is. If not, once you add your own spices or other ingredients they're perfect.

Based on their track record the Imp sausage should be just as good.
Quote:
I ate all 4,I dont think I will buy them again,too salty,
This sounds like the complaint about airplane meals.

“The food was terrible and the portions were too small”.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:59 PM

20,627 posts, read 4,412,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I don't know if there are studies, but I work from the throne the day after eating a beyond burger.
That could be your problem right there. I'm often tempted to try beyond burger, but decide against it.
When I look at the packages of beyond burger side by side with Imp burger, it's a no brainer.

Imp burger looks nice and fresh.
While the beyond burger looks like it's been there for months and is rotting.

Quote:
store hamburger patty is not good,if you want real ground beef,pick out a piece of roast when it is on sale and ask them to grind it for you.
some would rather grind it themselves at home as they dont like to use the grinder in store as it could have traces of previous meat grounded
If I'd have the time & $$ I'd try doing it myself. But for the time being I need to make do.

Old 07-14-2022, 08:12 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I have seen no such issues, links for evidence?
I have had no such issues. Of course, I don't eat it every day. Perhaps several times a month.

When one considers what goes into "meat" sausage and chopped meat, I will stick with Imp and Beyond.

Old 07-14-2022, 08:27 AM

1,126 posts, read 607,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have had no such issues. Of course, I don't eat it every day. Perhaps several times a month.

When one considers what goes into "meat" sausage and chopped meat, I will stick with Imp and Beyond.
Ummmm what goes into "meat" sausage and chopped meat is 100% whole food. Whether it be off cuts, it's still an all natural minimally processed product.

Whereas all these "fake" meats are ultra processed with a bunch of ingredients mixed together.

I have zero problems with "fake" meat. In fact I like the morality of eating less real meat (esp the factory farmed variety).

But please don't equate fake meat as healthier than real meat. That is a fallacy that the manufacturer has been insinuating but it's patently false.

Old 07-16-2022, 09:12 PM

2,027 posts, read 3,346,284 times
I like the Morningstar Farms sausage patties. They're very good, to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food