Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 11:21 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Hi, new to this thread so don't know if you eat tuna, but we do on occasion.
This is so easy, and so good. I would like to try it with the fake chicken strips. Those fry up crispy in butter. I usually chop them into smaller pieces.

calls for
1 pouch of StarKist tuna (sweet n spicy or albacore)
1 T sesame oil
2 T soy sauce
2 clove garlic, minced
3 T oil
1 bag oriental veges frozen (16oz.)
1 T sugar
2 cup cooked rice
1 T water

Heat oil in large skillet or wok, stir fry onion, garlic, frozen vege's til crisp tender. Add tuna, soysauce, sugar, sesame oil, and 1 T water. Stir fry for a minute. Serve over rice.

quick n easy, and so good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellah View Post
I made a half batch of quiet walker's Stuffed Bell Peppers last week (erroneously attributed to Ellise in another thread) and they were so doggone good I'm making a full batch today and freezing half. I'm not a big green bell pepper fan but I absolutely love this dish. I used Lightlife Mexican style smart ground instead of TVP and added a jalepeno pepper. A neighbor with a garden advised this dish freezes well. I highly recommend this recipe... it's delicioso!
where is this recipe, I love stuffed peppers!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:47 PM

I just came across this recipe for us eggplant lovers. It's basically a grilled eggplant sandwich. Sounds fantastic to me.
Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Melted Cheddar

Old 07-19-2011, 07:03 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,027,817 times
The Vegan Mouse: Chili Dog Craving.

I made the chili recipe from this tonight. It was awesome! I didn't have tvp and didn't feel like going to hunt some down so I just added a can of northern beans instead. I also added a can of corn.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
The Vegan Mouse: Chili Dog Craving.

I made the chili recipe from this tonight. It was awesome! I didn't have tvp and didn't feel like going to hunt some down so I just added a can of northern beans instead. I also added a can of corn.
Looks fabulous. One of the links was to all-creatures for vegan recipes, a site I really like.
Special Recipe, Photo, and Information Directory: From All Creatures Vegetarian Vegan Recipe Book

Old 07-20-2011, 05:03 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,859,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Hi, new to this thread so don't know if you eat tuna, but we do on occasion.
This is so easy, and so good. I would like to try it with the fake chicken strips. Those fry up crispy in butter. I usually chop them into smaller pieces.

calls for
1 pouch of StarKist tuna (sweet n spicy or albacore)
1 T sesame oil
2 T soy sauce
2 clove garlic, minced
3 T oil
1 bag oriental veges frozen (16oz.)
1 T sugar
2 cup cooked rice
1 T water

Heat oil in large skillet or wok, stir fry onion, garlic, frozen vege's til crisp tender. Add tuna, soysauce, sugar, sesame oil, and 1 T water. Stir fry for a minute. Serve over rice.

quick n easy, and so good!
Tuna, on a vegetarian thread? You know that they catch dolphins along with tuna don't you?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Tuna, on a vegetarian thread? You know that they catch dolphins along with tuna don't you?
I look for the dolphin safe logo on the pkg. Yes, I eat fish sometimes, I am not pure. As I said in the post, you can use fake chicken, and fake butter, if you like.

Last edited by claudhopper; 07-20-2011 at 05:21 PM..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:25 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,859,201 times
Quote:
I look for the dolphin safe logo on the pkg. Yes, I eat fish sometimes, I am not pure. As I said in the post, you can use fake chicken, and fake butter, if you like.
The only true dolphin safe tuna is line- caught, anything you buy in a can or package isn't 100% dolphin safe. Sadly, dolphin are so smart that they swim near tuna that are trapped in nets, trying to rescue them.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:21 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Quote:
I just came across this recipe for us eggplant lovers. It's basically a grilled eggplant sandwich. Sounds fantastic to me.
Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes and Melted Cheddar
I am seeking some good "Eggplant parmesan" recipes from anyone interested in helping me out.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,632,299 times
Default Bean Burritos or Tacos

This is a simple recipe of ingredients you can get from any supermarket and it only takes about 10 minutes to prepare.

Torilla shells or taco shells (bigger the torillas the better)
Sour Cream
Salsa (preferably cold from a glass jar)
Refried beans (vegetarian canned refried beans, found in most well stocked grocery stores)
Shredded cheese of your liking
Cut up onions (red if you like spicy)
Tomatos
Shredded lettuce

So those were the simple ingredients and they're self-explanatory. I'll explain a little further how to prepare it good:

Warm the torilla shells for a few seconds in the microwave or taco shells in the oven.

Warm the baked beans for a couple minutes on low on the stove or in the microwave.

Don't spread too many beans because you want fit all the other good stuff. Put plenty of salsa and sour cream for extra taste and enjoy. This sure beats taco bell or many other restaurants that use beef or chicken.

Last edited by dhanu86; 08-28-2011 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: i meant refried beans, not baked beans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food