Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:47 AM

191 posts, read 457,540 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't try to make it until lunch if I was you. I like the idea of oatmeal and fruit since that is also really good for your heart. I usually eat that or fruit and yogurt. Then, a few hours later (before lunch) I have a handful of almonds or nut mix of some sort. And water, water, water. If you are really trying to lose that much weight, you would do better to a lot of small "meals". For example, you eat the oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, then the almonds, then a salad, then some fruit and a couple of cheese slices (I really must have cheese), and finally some veggie stir-fry that is heavy on the veggie low on the rice. Water, water, water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 08:39 PM

784 posts, read 3,119,675 times
Default Why water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr4tigers View Post
Water, water, water.
You've all given me great suggestions. Thank you so much.

I know that small meals work for me--I have low blood sugar problems. But why do I need a lot of water?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:53 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,041,601 times
Water is good for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google away. It helps every part of your body. Helps eyesight, brain function, kidney function, clears up skin, helps you lose weight

Old 06-20-2010, 10:55 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,041,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr4tigers View Post
I wouldn't try to make it until lunch if I was you.
What? The mock oatmeal? If you are referring to the one I put in there, I don't eat anything but fruits and vegetables, so I eat that for B L and D.
It has no real oatmeal in it.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-20-2010 at 11:19 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote code

Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,828,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
What? The mock oatmeal? If you are referring to the one I put in there, I don't eat anything but fruits and vegetables, so I eat that for B L and D.
It has no real oatmeal in it.
I think ccr4tigers is saying that, instead of having breakfast and then a long period until lunch -- have a small snack somewhere in between. It can help you from feeling so hungry at lunchtime, and some studies suggest that several small meals every day are better for weight loss than three regular-sized ones.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:46 AM

784 posts, read 3,119,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrah View Post
Water is good for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Google away. It helps every part of your body. Helps eyesight, brain function, kidney function, clears up skin, helps you lose weight
The reason why I asked is because from time to time i try to eat ayurvedically because it is the nutrition system that makes most sense to me-I am a vata-kapha. Ayurveda recommends that you drink when you are thirsty. Anyway as sidrah suggested, I did Google water drinking, but with "ayurvedic position on water drinking". And I got this: Water Consumption and Health: Is 8 fluid ounces, 8 times a day the best advice?. Very interesting reading and it fits well with me. Still I do not drink enough of anything I believe and am trying to remember to drink what I carry around in my water bottle. And to do everything in moderation.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:29 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Was not sure if eggs were OK with you. SORRY!
Another idea id Tofu Scramble - available at most health vegetarian friendly outfits. Add tofu and mash.
Add veggies that you like - cook in Earth Balance - the ABSOLUTE BEST VEGAN SPREAD OUTHERE!
Or the veggie oil of your choice. A teaspoon fills you up and actually aids in fat loss.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:47 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,391,205 times
I am currently on a calorie-counting program and have lost about 12 lbs in 5 weeks. I eat oatmeal for breakfast every single day. Sometimes I eat it plain, but sometimes I doctor it up. I always add flax meal to it, but will also add raisins, dried cranberries, or organic brown sugar. I often have homemade chunky applesauce on hand, so I may throw some apples on top of it (the apples are boiled until tender with cinnamon, brown sugar, and cloves and then coarsely mashed).

Here is another yummy trick; take an apple (your favorite) and core it. In a small dish stir up some peanut butter and raisins. Use a small spoon to spoon the PB mixture into the apple. Then eat it as you would normally eat an apple.

I eat breakfast at 6:30 and am usually hungry by about 10. Then I will eat a granola bar, a banana, or some almonds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food