Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 01:03 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times

Advertisements

I know some of you may not be into the night club scene. It is something that I love even though I don't drink. Love to take my wife dancing though and have some fun.

One of my favorite places is the Bombay Bar and Grill on California Street in Downtown Ventura. They always have a nice croud on Friday and Saturday nights.

Bombay Bar and Grill - Downtown Ventura

The Watermark is a place that we have yet to visit but have heard great things about. It is on the roof of a 3 story building right on Main Street in the heart of everything. Lots of action happening on Main Street on the weekends.

Watermark on Main

On Friday nights in Westlake, Sure I know its not Ventura County but it is closeby, Cisco's Mexican Restaraunt has a happening club scene

Cisco's Mexican Restuarant | Westlake Village | California

I have not been but many of my friends and some family members have suggested Ruby's Cafe in Oxnard. I have driven by and they do seem to have a nice vibe going on.

Ruby's Cafe Oxnard, California – Fine Dining and Dancing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 01:27 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,484,661 times
Default Simi Valley Night Life

I'm not much of a drinker either, so I tend to need something else to entertain me when at a club or bar. I also have a fairly strong aversion to most clubs, pubs and bars after experiencing UK drinking establishments. Pretty wild places and way too crowded! I've found two in Simi Valley where I feel very comfortable and they both have a nice atmosphere. Both places offer entertainment other than just drinking, such as pool tables, live music, dancing, comedy shows, etc.

Yankee Doodles
- Home

Judge Roy Beans
Judge Roy Beans | Facebook

Old 09-04-2010, 02:20 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,225,208 times
Cisco's and JRB are considered night clubs? ick. hahaha.

I had a really bad night at JRB's once. I'll sum it up - Bad cover band, Jager, me and two friends switching off buying rounds, throwing up in my GF (now wife)'s new car with the window up.

I'm not sure what constitutes night club. I've heard people go dancing at The Arena in Simi.

Borderline - T.O. - the few times I went for friends birthdays it was bad line dancing mixed with stupid rap music, topped off with overzealous, drunk with power "bouncers".

I used to get together with friends at the Crown and Anchor in T.O.

JJ Brewski's in Camarillo has live music sometimes.

There is a place I've heard of in the Janss mall called Sunset Terrace. I've seen people post on facebook about dancing and drinking there.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
Cisco's and JRB are considered night clubs? ick. hahaha.
It is the new rebuilt Cisco's in Westlake that is a night club. After 10pm anyway and on the weekends. Remember the old place burned down and another place went in and rebuilt. When they left Cisco's took it over. We went on Saturday night and had a lot of fun. We also had dinner and my only complaint was that they gave us all too much food. LOL

Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 PM

587 posts, read 1,466,779 times
By the time I got to Ventura clubbing was no longer my scene and I doubt there are any clubs in the county that I'd fancy.

I'd book a nice hotel in LA and make a night of partying at a club.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:01 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,063,834 times
Yeah, when we lived in midtown, my wife and I enjoyed the local bar scene (complete with local bands), especially Sans Souci (younger more punk-ish crowd, nice setup) and Goodbar (cheap drinks, old school rockers, and surf videos).

There was a dance club north of California Street, near the fountains, but I forget the name. "Hush" or something like that. House, top-40, R&B. A forgettable place, but more "upscale" and LA-like than the rest of the midtown dives.

For good partying, though, we always drove down to LA. Strolling down the strip in Ventura was for when we were too lazy to get out of town (and when I wanted to drink and couldn't drive), which ended up being most weekends, since Ventura is such a pleasant place. When we lived in North Hollywood, we'd drive up to the 805 on weekends just to decompress. Then when we moved there, we had nowhere else we wanted to go.

I remember strolling home under chilly stars or maybe a marine layer, kept nice and toasty by some of Goodbar's hideous $2 cocktails.

Ah, I miss it!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 PM

It is kind of funny now when you walk past the clubs or eateries in Ventura on Main. Most of them have door men now. Kind of becoming less small town and more LA ish. Not that I mind though. It is interesting to see how it has developed over the past few years.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,196 times
Bombay's is free....it's "ok" they have a band in the front and a DJ spinning in the back.

I go to Capistrano's sometimes at the Embassy Suites on Fridays and Saturdays. They have a live band there that's pretty good. On Sundays they have salsa lessons and dancing which I attend very often.

There is Bogie's in Westlake that is awesome too...I know Westlake isn't VC but it's close enough.

There's also Chapter 8 and Padri's Martini Bar. I've been to Padre's and it was ok. I think that's in Agoura though.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:02 AM

Bombays is free at the front dance floor and main bar area. The back has a $5 cover.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:34 AM

1 posts, read 6,971 times
for those of you that like electro music theres a new club "X-Machina"every fourth friday at the golden china in ventura, very fun. Its like catchy dark electronic music [electro-industrial/dark electro/dark 80's/synthpop/aggrotech]no cover at the door.They serve chinese food all night and theres karaoke in the room nextdoor! typical age group around 21-35.they also do another club there called "the monolith" once a month on select days but you can stay updated on their fb page [url]https://www.facebook.com/clubxmachina[/url]
at the monolith they play old school dark and retro 80's music also really fun! even if its not your cup of tea you should spread the word

Last edited by redkrovvy; 05-18-2014 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: wrong link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County