Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 763 times

Advertisements

I work at The Home Depot, In Simi Valley, My Father as a Ham Radio Man, Number KF6VVL; I have some of he's radio equipment. If you wood like to see it, Please look me up. I have no uses of the staff for my father is dead. I have both hes GEO TRACKER AND THINGS.
Thank-you and GOD BLESS you.
Don Jr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 05:02 PM

3 posts, read 8,481 times
I just thought I chime in a bit late....I haven't lived in Simi Valley for over 28yrs. but we were just comparing a potential move from here in Chicago to Greenville, NC to Simi Valley........and back then it really was a small bedroom community.....everything had to be done in the valley or T.O.

Hope everything worked out.......Cathie K.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:13 AM

14 posts, read 20,601 times
I did the move to Michigan from Ventura, regretted it also! I am now looking to move to Charleston, SC. I can't deal with the prices in Cali, I loved the lifestyle, but I didn't like the money worries. I have a girlfriend who just found a place in Port Hueneme by the beach for around 1200/ month, maybe look a little outside simi for more affordable housing?

Good Luck!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM

1 posts, read 705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamom130 View Post
I have lived in Simi Valley for 2 years and then relocated back to NY where I am from with my husband and my newborn (at the time). I have regretted the decision since I stepped foot on the plane to get here and have pined to get back ever since (2+yrs ago). Since then alot has changed-I have another baby who is now almost 9 months old and my oldest is 2 1/2. My husband and I are seperating and I am going back to work. My dilemma is this: I was offered a job in Horray County Myrtle Beach area SC and the pay is approx. 3200 a month before taxes. It is contract work and I would have to take out for medical, taxes, and living expenses out of that. I would also be getting money from my husband for the kiddos-approx 1200/mo. The only people I would know are my parents who are relocating to Brunswick CO. and Im not sure how I would fit in but I want to be very thorough about my decision and not make any rash decisions because this is the last move I will be making for awhile.

The other option is to move back to Simi Valley and work in education administration. I have the potential to make approximately 5000 (after taxes) a month but of course the cost of living is much higher. I have friends there and love it there. I would be working alot more-5 days a week vs in SC 2 days a week. BUt I dont want money to be the sole factor because I dont want to be miserable. Also the opportuniity to make more money in SC is limited because it is contract work.

I am scared. I want the best for my kids of course and dont know much about SC but also know will be living in apt in CA because its so much harder to live financially. Id rather live in apt then a big house and not like where I live. Hope allof this makes sense.

Any advice or opinions? I am going to post this in SC also but wanted to get opinions form both states.

Thanks!!!!

Namaste' Yoga Mom,

I think you are crazy for wanting to leave beautiful S.Cal. I know I did for a few years. Went back to N.J. for 4 and OR for 10 I am now happy to say I am back in S.Cal with more appreciation.
Let me ask you, why would you want to take your kids away that far away from there Dad? Living in Myrtle Beach is a touristy town. Its not cheep. You dont know a soul there so as far as help with your kids and them becoming adjusted your on your own. I think you should stay here. do you have friends here? Does you ex have visitation? I think to move financially you will come out behind in the end. I lived back east and really its expensive there too. The wheather sux a lot of the time. Its hard to make friends back east. I am super social and actually went thru depression something I never experienced before in my life. In the end It was ok and I did finally make some really great friends,I moved with my spouse to N.J. and we did have each other. It was a very big change.Dont do it for the money.

P.S. You mentioned you live in Simi...... Go to the YOGA NOOK its amazing
Stay Bendy,
Sammie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County