Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 02:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,883 times

Advertisements

Noticed that the old blighted Carriage Square shopping center and second-run movie theater is in the process of being demolished! Hope what's replacing it is something nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 03:17 PM

89 posts, read 421,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
Noticed that the old blighted Carriage Square shopping center and second-run movie theater is in the process of being demolished! Hope what's replacing it is something nice.
I think the sign on the corner of Gonzales & N. Oxnard says Lowes new location? Their stores need a lot of room. I hear the Ventura Lowes is one of the busiest in the state.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:28 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,196 times
I passed through there on Friday and noticed the old movie theatre is practically gone...I have so many memories of that place!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:54 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
I passed through there on Friday and noticed the old movie theatre is practically gone...I have so many memories of that place!
That is where I saw the movie Greese. I remember riding my bike from Port Hueneme all the way to the Carriage Square Theatre back when they had 3 screens. Back then a 3 screen theatre place was a big deal. We only had a 1 screen place on the south side at the former "Twin Centers" Mall that would later become the Centerpoint mall. That old Mann theatre became a Chuckie Cheeses and is now Las Isles Medical Clinic. Carriage Square became a 5 screen when they ripped out the old Endless Wave Scateboard park and extended the movie theatre.

The donut shop has moved to its new location near the remodeled IHOP. They are also rebuilding the KFC, they tore the old location down and will be putting in a newer larger place.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:19 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,196 times
I went to the new donut shop two weeks ago..it was piping busy with business which is a good thing. When I moved here in 2001, I had 2 weeks before starting my new job so in the afternoons, I'd go to the movie theatre to watch a few movies since I didn't know anyone and didn't have anything to do!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,490 times
what can I say about the Carriage square theater I watched Escape to witch mountain at least 20 times there. I t was an awesome theater in its day. I will miss it even though I live in Montana now. Cheers all and happy remembrances.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
It is nice having the Lowe's on the former Carriage Square location. I like what has happened with that place. As far as movie places we now have the Plaza 14 down by 5th and A street and the Century 16 at the Collection. The Plaza is being remodeled to include chairs that move, wind, vapor, and other tricks to enhance the movie experience. Can't wait to try that out. It is not an old movie place but the Collection has dug into their profits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County