Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,242,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea of paying someone to exercise.....
It is not that simple. I already work out twice a week doing kickboxing plus my salsa dancing and I don't pay for that. I have successfully lost over 100 pounds naturally without the help of surgery, pills or injections in less than a year. I have 50 more to go and I am looking for something a bit more challenging than what I already do. A lot of people do these boot camps and personal training sessions to get a greater jumpstart! I personally want to start lifting weights so hire a trainer so I don't injure myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You can pay someone to exercise because you now have time to exercise because you're paying someone to mow your lawn.
LOL!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
Good luck KLO!!
Thanks!!! I will let you all know if I survive or if I will be taking visits at our local hospital!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 11:27 PM

Well I survived.....I swear this was probably the hardest thing I have ever done...I am going to be in severe pain tomorrow....I'm signing up for 20 more sessions.....burn baby burn!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:34 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,126,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Well I survived.....I swear this was probably the hardest thing I have ever done...I am going to be in severe pain tomorrow....I'm signing up for 20 more sessions.....burn baby burn!

Good for you! I consider myself to be in good shape (run an average of 25 miles/wk, lift weights 3x/wk). I went to a 6am boot camp once, had a free trial session. Halfway through, we were doing burpies or mountain climbers or something hellish like that, and I could feel vomit gurgling up in my mouth. I told the instructor I was about to puke, to which she replied "Just hurry up and do it, you'll feel better!" Meanwhile, there are people 10-15 yrs older than me just chugging along, no sweat. It was an very ungodly and humbling experience, but for sure worth it.

Last edited by Bluefox; 06-10-2011 at 12:31 AM..

Old 06-10-2011, 12:12 AM

699 posts, read 1,338,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea of paying someone to exercise.....
It's almost as crazy as paying McDonalds to give you heart disease.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:49 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,474,008 times
Quote:
I'm signing up for 20 more sessions.....burn baby burn!

Is this your boot camp instructor?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
Good for you! I consider myself to be in good shape (run an average of 25 miles/wk, lift weights 3x/wk). I went to a 6am boot camp once, had a free trial session. Halfway through, we were doing burpies or mountain climbers or something hellish like that, and I could feel vomit gurgling up in my mouth. I told the instructor I was about to puke, to which she replied "Just hurry up and do it, you'll feel better!" Meanwhile, there are people 10-15 yrs older than me just chugging along, no sweat. It was an very ungodly and humbling experience, but for sure worth it.
LOL, wow....I hope I don't end up throwing up...I thought I was "kick azz" already...apparently not...I have a long way to go! I am already sore..my abs are crying and my chest..well, let's not go there!!!! This class was small..just 5-6 people and the instructor. I think the youngest person there was probably 30 and the oldest was probably close to 60. I figure I need a new challenge and this is going to work for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSky View Post
It's almost as crazy as paying McDonalds to give you heart disease.
LOL...you know that 99cent sundae is delish!!

Quote:

Is this your boot camp instructor?
No!!! LMAO....this guy is:

Old 06-10-2011, 09:17 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,474,008 times
Quote:
LOL, wow....I hope I don't end up throwing up...I thought I was "kick azz" already...apparently not...I have a long way to go! I am already sore..my abs are crying and my chest..well, let's not go there!!!! This class was small..just 5-6 people and the instructor. I think the youngest person there was probably 30 and the oldest was probably close to 60. I figure I need a new challenge and this is going to work for now!

LOL...you know that 99cent sundae is delish!!

No!!! LMAO....this guy is:

I had a boss once tell me that he once calculated that he'd spend more time in a gym working out than the extension of life expectancy he'd get from working out.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I had a boss once tell me that he once calculated that he'd spend more time in a gym working out than the extension of life expectancy he'd get from working out.
Too funny!

Old 06-10-2011, 09:48 AM

1,465 posts, read 5,132,626 times
Quote:
Must have been an engineer.

But, ya know, the quality of life is much improved if you are fit.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
Must have been an engineer.

But, ya know, the quality of life is much improved if you are fit.
I have to agree with you...my life quality has seriously improved!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County