Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:10 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,001,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
Real life, sweetie. I'm beginning to think that you may not get out much but your naiveness is endearing.
Yep, real life, where gang members all wear easily identified outfits so law enforcement can know just who to arrest.

Hey, I do remember seeing some "I'm in MS-13" shirts at the local "Gangs' R US" store the other day. Maybe they were wearing them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 01:20 AM

464 posts, read 828,892 times
Default Aww...open your eyes, sweetie.

Some people go through life with their eyes wide open...others wide shut. Educate yourself just a bit, honey, because although the world can be a harsh place, you will evolve with life and experience. I suspect you are actually either young and/or just naive so try to be a little more aware of your surroundings because you make yourself a target.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 AM

Red face Oh no....

...I just realized that now I am the one getting way off track of this thread. Sorry. I love how they start exchanging recipes when posters get a bit steamed or off track on the Portland threads...maybe I should kick off with my Carrot Cake and Oh-so-creamy Cream Cheese Frosting recipes????

Old 09-21-2011, 11:13 AM

2,855 posts, read 6,459,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
What area? I don't even like Simi Valley, but I don't know of any area that is unsafe "even during the day"...

Gang bangers dealing drugs in a bank parking lot in the day-light? That sounds...unlikely.

When people talk about "gang members" I always wonder how they are determining who is and who isn't a gang member.

Ummm....Los Angeles has numerous areas that are very safe....
The corner of Los Angeles Ave. and Patricia. When was the last time YOU were at this bank at 7:00pm? Matter fo fact, when was the last time you were even in that area?

Quit being obnoxious. Even you are well aware that gangs are often easily spotted as they are not shy of displaying their gang affiliation for all to see. Even police agencies have certain criteria that they teach to the public when it comes to spotting gangs...

Learn to spot gang members in your community 2/07/07 | abc13.com

Old 09-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
The corner of Los Angeles Ave. and Patricia. When was the last time YOU were at this bank at 7:00pm? Matter fo fact, when was the last time you were even in that area?
Funny, just so happens to be the area with the highest concentration of Hispanics in Simi Valley. That wouldn't have anything to do with it right?

I'm in Simi Valley all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Even you are well aware that gangs are often easily spotted as they are not shy of displaying their gang affiliation for all to see.
Not, not well aware of it. Now, someone who is an expert in gangs may be able to, with a decent probability, determine whether someone is in a gang upon inspection of the individual.

What I want to know is how exactly you determined, from a distance, that they were gang members? And which gang was it? Since you were able to identify their "gang affiliation" clearly you'd know this....after all any gang identification is going to differ from gang to gang. Or was it "All Hispanics with tattoos and such are in gangs" gang?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Some people go through life with their eyes wide open...others wide shut.
And others watch TV and movies and mistake it for reality....

Darlin', I grew up in Los Angeles during its gang hey-day....I'm no stranger to gangs...real gangs...not the made for TV sort.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Thumbs down Stop supporting gang activity.

Quote:
And others watch TV and movies and mistake it for reality....

Darlin', I grew up in Los Angeles during its gang hey-day....I'm no stranger to gangs...real gangs...not the made for TV sort.
Sweetie, you of all people should be a bit wiser by now (shame, shame)and I'm still not certain what movies or TV shows you enjoy watching for your reference points to gangs? Hello out there! Please return to real life if you desire to make any comments of substainance. I believe you make the mistake of not understanding those who you are talking to in this thread and I'm hear to tell you that you are not the only one to have grown up in downtown (definitely not uptown) LA in 'gang hey-day'. So you can lay that one to rest.

As for the 'Hispanic' population, it's LA...and are you not aware that there are many Latinos in LA? If you take offense to the fact that illegal immigration from Mexico has heightened the gang problem to this magnitude then...I'd like to know where I can buy some of those rose-colored glasses. Tattoos? What era are you actually from? No offense at all intended if you are very aged but do you not know that many people have tattoos today? Gangs are gangs are gangs...period...color it whatever color makes and keeps you happy, honey.

And lastly, stop trying to support gang activity...poser probably anyway...because any sane person that lived through it and made it out knows this...unless that is still your lifestyle choice...mmm.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:

Not, not well aware of it. Now, someone who is an expert in gangs may be able to, with a decent probability, determine whether someone is in a gang upon inspection of the individual.
Nah...not too much training required there actually and I doubt that you even grew up in LA...tsk,tsk.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Sweetie, you of all people should be a bit wiser by now (shame, shame)
Wiser by what exactly? Your made for TV belief on the topic? Umm...nope.

Quote:
And lastly, stop trying to support gang activity...
Support gang activity? Sorry, but how does questioning someone's ability to identify a group of people from a distance as "gang bangers" supporting gang activity?

Not sure what the purpose of your rant about Hispanics was either, apparently the point I was making went right over your head. Namely, that people's judgements about "gang bangers" are often based on their underlying prejudice. You see, the poster that commented about "gang bangers" has a little habit of making disdainful remarks about Hispanics....

Anyhow, if you want to believe your made for TV notions of gangs are legitimate go for it....I really don't care. But the poster that made a claim about "gang bangers" selling drugs in front of a bank during the day should at least tell people how exactly they identified the folks as "gang bangers".....

Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Wiser by what exactly? Your made for TV belief on the topic? Umm...nope.

Support gang activity? Sorry, but how does questioning someone's ability to identify a group of people from a distance as "gang bangers" supporting gang activity?

Not sure what the purpose of your rant about Hispanics was either, apparently the point I was making went right over your head. Namely, that people's judgements about "gang bangers" are often based on their underlying prejudice. You see, the poster that commented about "gang bangers" has a little habit of making disdainful remarks about Hispanics....

Anyhow, if you want to believe your made for TV notions of gangs are legitimate go for it....I really don't care. But the poster that made a claim about "gang bangers" selling drugs in front of a bank during the day should at least tell people how exactly they identified the folks as "gang bangers".....
I believe many things go over your head. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County