Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 AM

25 posts, read 34,449 times

Advertisements

We now are also exploring the condo/town home situation in Oxnard and PH.

Here's the rub,,I can't seem to find out sizes of "patio's" when i view a listing. that's going to be a biggie since we'd be giving up yard space.

we are willing to downsize even more because we just don't think we could handle a fixer single home (due to our price range), and just maybe a cond/Townhome maybe a little safer, newer too.

If anyone out there lives in such a situation could you also share the HOA agreement/rules a bit? We just don't know the first thing about the hard rules. I do know they are different from place to place be just so we get like some idea it would help greatly...thanks Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,328,356 times
Would you consider a new place? If I remember your budget was in the high $200's. For a condo, townhome, patio home you could check at River Park and get a new place. One thing to consider is that the property taxes are higher there because the homeowners are paying for their own fire, police, parks, and a lot of other services. we have a lot of friends that live there and if you don't mind living in a condo, townhome or just want a patio home, this may be the place for you. Besides that it is within the budget you have. I think prices start in the low $200,000 range

River Park Homes

Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM

yes we certainly would consider a new development, yes the river park area is looking good to us too.

If you could ask your friends about patio/small yard sizes. We are really understanding that they are small but a size range would be nice to know.

When I look at some of the moss landing listings the outdoor space seem just a bit larger. (patio).

We would like it to be enclosed for privacy,,not the opened area ones like on oyster place where patio is in the front..

Soon to be you are so helpful!!! many thanks again Linda

Old 05-09-2012, 04:29 PM

We have discovered that river park would be out of our budget..the taxes are really high!! and to boot they have no patio space...which is a deal breaker for us..

I did see see a listed condo in marlbrough sea side that I though was priced right..port hueneme is on the look see list my hubby and I want to explore.

I do recall a post somewhere listing the questionable areas on PH..any one on the forum have extra input?? Thanks..Linda

Old 05-12-2012, 01:13 PM

865 posts, read 1,826,760 times
I tend to use the overhead google maps to get an idea of space. Oftentimes you can see things in the patios or neighboring ones that gives you an idea of how big it is.

You might want to consider townhome or duplex communities.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 AM

thanks for that input..anyone know about the port hueneme area called marlboro condo's? they look like some that are well kept up and just enough space to cover our needs...and anyone know about the condo rules/hoa agreement details?

It is a bit more risky in our opinion than buying a stand alone home that we'd be getting ourselves into. Additionally, would anyone think that area is "safer" crime wise..I am busying myself in doing the crime data research too.

I thank you all for the benifit of input you have given me. It is so frustrating living so far away from the area we want to relocate to, add the retirement factor and thats a double whammy of stress.......ok I feel better now (sigh)...Linda

Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermomma View Post
I tend to use the overhead google maps to get an idea of space.

I was going to write the same thing but use Bing Maps due to better resolution and view from four different angles in Birds Eye View mode.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:03 PM

good idea charles...thanx//L.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:05 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,255,611 times
I'm in Riverpark and there are some people here with patios...I don't have one though..I have a nice sized porch which I never use!! Shame on me. There is plenty of parks here just in case. Good luck to you!

Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 PM

Hi lady,,,river park..my research shows high taxes..and how much do your condo fees run?? thanks Linda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County