Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,427 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm new to posting, so I hope I don't violate some protocol that I am unaware of.

I am considering taking a job in Oxnard on Del Norte Blvd. What is the commute from downtown Ventura to Oxnard like going back and forth?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 07:59 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Check right now and for the next hour or so, or for the 45 minutes or so prior to your expected start time on

siglaert.com: The Best Search Links on the Net

However, today might not be representative of normal traffic as this is a holiday week.

Also, check out Google Maps, Traffic, Traffic at time and day

Also, check out Traffic Predict.com - Los Angeles Traffic Map

Old 11-21-2012, 03:16 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
You have people heading from Ventura to points south in the morning. Still I would think you could make that trip in 20 minutes on a good day. With the Christmas season you will have a lot of people heading over to shopping areas around the county. Still that may not hurt too bad as most of them will depart at the Rose exit. Stay in the far left lane till you pass Rose and then head back over. The trip back into Ventura after work can get busy. After 4:30 pm from the Camarillo to East Ventura it can fill up fast. You would be in the middle of that at Del Norte. Even the main city arteries like Gonzales get full during that time of day. I have the reverse trip and my trip is a much shorter distance. It takes me about 15 minutes to get from my home to Community Memorial Hospital in the mid town area.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 5,427 times
Thanks so much. I currently live in the central valley and would be starting my new job some time after the first of the year. 20 minutes doesn't sound too bad.

I was considering renting an apartment in downtown Ventura, south of Main street area. Any suggestions on particular streets and/or neighborhoods?

Thanks again.

Last edited by Monte Carlo; 11-22-2012 at 07:29 AM..

Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
The only advice i would give is to stay out of the Ventura Avenue area between Main Street and Stanley. Acceptions to that would be Carr Drive. It is in the area but does not connect to the Avenue. If you are on that street it doesn't even seem to fit the area. South of Main you will find some nice places. Ventura has made it a focus to change that part of town during the last decade or so. Between Olive and Chestnut I would say go for it if you are single or a young couple. A lot to do for someone wanting a night life. Plenty of nice studios in the area as well that look cool. If you are talking East of Chestnut between Fir and Hemlock you will find more traditional apartment buildings, older and more established places. Also many homes from the early to mid 1900's in the area with many turned into apartment units. You almost never know what kind of place will be available for rent in that area because of the differant kind of offerings within the area.

Anywhere in the Down town area, you can hit the 101 from either Chestnut or California and head toward Del Norte in Oxnard. From Chestnut to Del Norte is about 13 miles. Problem patches along the 101 will be past Oxnard Blvd when you are heading to Del Norte if you are going in the morning hours. In the evening between 4:30 and 6pm the problem will be around Rose Avenue in Oxnard and up to just past Johnson Drive in Ventura. What you will want to do is get in the far left lane along that part of the 101. When you pass Seaward you can move toward the right lane and either take the San Jon Road exit or the California Street exit.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:48 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Carlo View Post
Thanks so much. I currently live in the central valley and would be starting my new job some time after the first of the year. 20 minutes doesn't sound too bad.

I was considering renting an apartment in downtown Ventura, south of Main street area. Any suggestions on particular streets and/or neighborhoods?

Thanks again.
You will like the cool weather and the area. Ventura and Oxnard have nice beaches and good shopping and dining too and good parks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County