Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 03:51 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,795,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Yeah, similar situation with some complexes in the Westlake/Oak Park area around Lindero and Kanan.

Also, as for as upgrades go, some of the older complexes are slowly upgrading their units so you can often find upgraded units in these complexes even-though most of the units may not be upgraded.

I forgot about Oak Park apartments. I looked at those as well. I like TO area better since it is closer to more shopping and such. Also for the OP I feel TO has more going on for a younger single person then Oak Park of course though they are not far from each other. I agree about the older apartments getting upgrades. Where I lived at Westlake Canyon some were not yet upgraded but as people moved out they were upgrading them. I can't recall the name but I think it was called Monarch in Newbury has apartments. I needed an upper level but did not want 3 stories which these are but you may want to look at them. They have a sister property in Newbury but it is an industrial area which I did not like but they have garages.
I looked at some apartments in Westlake and I agree many were not nice and I was surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 12:30 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,242,771 times
Good luck finding a place! Don't worry too much about dating. Seriously..most people in my age range (30s) date people that don't even live in their area. I live in Oxnard and my boyfriend lives in Alhambra which is 70 miles away. I think it's just a California thing. Enjoy!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:30 AM

424 posts, read 642,907 times
I work in T.O and for many years lived the single life. I was very happy living in Calabasas right off the 101. I'm not saying it's perfect (summers are brutal with the heat) but relocating from the East coast to Calabasas worked out fantastic. Here's why

1) You can find apts for $2K that are decent maybe not ultra modern but very livable.
2) The commute is 20-25 minutes routinely to T.O. Yes everything you hear about LA traffic sucks but the pocket between Calabasas and T.O on the 101 doing a reverse commute is stress free.
3) You have legit access to enjoy los angeles during the weekdays after traffic goes down. I never felt my social life suffered. For example, on Thursday I could leave Calabasas at 7:30, get to Hollywood a little past 8, stay for ~ 4 hours to 12, and make it home by 12:30.

As someone else stated, it's fairly routine to end up dating someone in another part of LA...at least in Calabasas it's "manageable". You do end up driving a decent amount but I thought that was waayyy better than feeling like I was "stuck" out in Ventura County and never made it into LA. I wanted the LA experience but didn't want to live a miserable life for the workday commute so Calabasas was great. I do know people that did Santa Monica and West Hollywood but that's a 1+ hour commute and not worth it to me. The only drawback on the weekends is planning so if I went out for the day I was not going back and forth to Calabasas.

No perfect answer. Hope that helps

Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,214,263 times
you may want to consider River Park in Oxnard. it is close to the 101 and is within your range in time to get to work. The apartments there have stainless appliances and were built within the last 7 years. You can also find town houses and patio homes that are new that you could probably buy.

You will also be close to the club scene in Ventura. As far as clubs go we love Ciscos in Westlake Village, We used to be big on the Bombay Bar and Grill but that has slowed down somewhat from when it was the only game in town (Ventura area) Ventura has more clubs than it needs along Main Street. That is because I like to have a full house and big scene. Bombay's used to have this line down the street with people trying to get in. I never weighted in that line but then you have to know people to get away with that, it also helps if you are someone. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County