Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 06:27 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times

Advertisements

I had posted this in the Dog forums...and it was suggested that I also post it here. I'm hoping for anyone that has any idea of what can be done......lists of shelters...maybe you saw an add on Craigs list...anything that could possibly help...We would appreciate very much! Time frame missing 2/10/14-present

Hi...long story short....My ex son-n-law was just sent overseas for his job...He and my daughter were divorced this last year...tons of issues and animosity...won't even go there. And...the family golden retriever, Sophie is missing!!

Any help, ideas or links or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what happened:
The family dog, Sophie was staying at the family house, just for convenience and to have a yard temporarily, Daughter and kids live a few blocks away in condo...no yard...kids going over to walk and feed etc daily.....

Upon his leaving, 2/10/14 day after ex SIl my Daughter went to check on Sophie...and to bring her home, and had the police accompany her...2/10/14....and Sophie the golden is gone...

The new (2 mths duration) girlfriend has moved in, this was a surprise til she opened the door to police, with my Daughter standing behind them to do well check on Sophie. ....Evidently Girlfriend now lives there along with the other "renters"....who were supposed to have been given notice to move...as house is going up for short sale asap..Police told my daughter house is getting trashed....yet another story...New home 5 years ago....immaculate til my daughter moved out last year

Police checked the whole house for the dog/Sophie, closets, backyard...separate MIL suite etc...when questioned girlfriend stated that Ex had sent dog to his Mom in Wisconsin.....Nothing could be done at that time....emails, texts etc in an attempt to confirm were not responded to by Ex SIL...and His Mom is not in contact w/ my Daughter since divorce, even by FB. At that point kids were hurt, but all were hopeful that at least Sophie was safe.

Now, zoom to yesterday 3/1/14...Daughter was called by ex BIL, who lives in Wisc...he had been to his Mom's...Sophie, missing golden retriever is not there...has never been there...All a lie.

Daughter and I are very worried...and do not even know where to start....Daughter checked prior to police visit...w/ local animal shelter...but is not fully aware of what other shelters to check within Oxnard Ca. area....Sort of in panic mode as you can imagine. Sophie has been missing since 2/10/14. She is microchipped....but SIL did this and his number does not work in his location...

I literally woke up crying from a bad dream this am...worried sick about this family dog...I honestly would not think this of my SIL....and part of me is afraid this Girlfriend did something...rather than ship the dog....Do not know what to do....Add to this, I live states away....so am trying to help long distance...
Again...Any help or ideas, or information is appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 07:11 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,264,955 times
The big animal shelter in the area is Camarillo Animal Shelter
I am not sure if that is the one that was checked. They would be able to advise on any other shelters in the area.
Good luck Jan

Old 03-02-2014, 07:55 PM

Thank you jw2....I believe my daughter checked only the Ventura Co. animal shelter...I'll tell her about the Camarillo Shelter...Thank you!

Old 03-02-2014, 09:21 PM

I posted a pic on my profile...Hoping it may help. Thank you all for your ideas and support. It is greatly appreciated

Old 03-05-2014, 05:19 AM

Updates....A cousin of my daughter's EX offered to go to the Mom's house, where Sophie was supposedly flown to from Calif. to Wisconsin...and while there asked about Sophie....She relayed that she knew where Sophie was, wasn't going to say....and that my daughter needed to quit being a drama queen. Nice GrandMa....

I've put more pics...of Sophie on my profile page. I'll post what my daughters ads say next post.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Sophie is in or near Oxnard Calif....

We have called all shelters, talked to vets in the area...posted signage with these pics, Craigs list w/ reward offered and even had relatives go ask the GMa in an other state....Still no word. Thanks for any help....

Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 AM

I just got off phone with my daughter. She emailed ex's boss. She is picking up the missing support tomorrow, and has news about Sophie. Boss is arranging for her to see Sophie too.

Ex did at least give Sophie to a person that is considered a good person, my daughter knows this. So...at least she will have opportunity to verify, and then decide.
The not knowing where she was, if she was safe and having Ex blow off emails and txts and attempts to at least get a response concerning Sophie's where abouts was cruel in my opinion. I'll update as I can...Thanks for all the suggestions...and helpful posts.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:29 PM

Not many posters...but thought that I'd update. Thank you..My daughter did finally get to see her...although ex SIL ran back to house w/ her. At least we know she is not turned loose on the streets...that is a blessing. Otherwise, my daughter feels it is best to back off...thankful Sophie is safe...H ex is so vindictive...pushing it could make it worse. Thank you so much for your support and concern, Jan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County