Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 2,346 times

Advertisements

Hello. The Ventura County Credit Union approved me for a loan at a decent rate, and I would love to be able to get this loan while helping them make money as well, but I cannot set up an account without knowing someone that already has an account there.

I am not sure if you get referral points for referring new members, but I would be very grateful if someone could let me use their name for membership purposes.

I do not think I will need much more info than your name.

I currently live in the San Fernando area, but I do not know anyone in the Ventura county area nor do I know anyone with an account at this credit union

Hopefully someone is understanding out there!!

Thanks, and feel free to email me at zackori.scalf@gmail.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 09:02 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,369,869 times
If they approved you for a loan than you don't need any of us. All it takes to set up an account is $50 I think. Your post sounds like some kind of scam.

From the Ventura County Credit Union site: https://www.vccuonline.net/membership/welcome-to-vccu

Below is all you need to join. You don't need anyone else to help you join.
  • Valid Social Security Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Current Physical Address
  • Current Mailing Address (if different)
  • Email Address
  • Phone Number
  • Valid Identification Information (with number, issue, and expiration date)
    • Driver’s license
    • Passport
    • Military ID

Old 07-21-2015, 01:07 PM

Lol.. damn I was trying to not make it sound sketchy because I only have 1 post.

This is basically what they told me on the phone;

Once approved for the loan, I have to set up an account with them.

It was $10 for the fee, and $5 has to go into a savings account.

They specifically told me I have to either be a resident of Ventura/Santa Barbara, or I have to know someone that already banks with the credit union.

Again, my bad for sounding like a scam. All I asked was for someones name though.. I don't see how I could be scamming them at all.

EDIT: I'll call them again just to verify (the lady on the phone was hurrying me off the entire time), but I made sure to ask at least twice exactly what I had to do to set up the account, and she said I have to be approved for the loan, and then I can start setting up my account with the credit union, BUT I would have to be a resident of the county, or know someone that already banks with them as I said before.

ALSO, if you do have them, maybe you can just call the credit union and tell them my name and that I am am signing up under you referral. Than I won't have to ask you for any information at all.

I really need as much as help as I can get. The end of the month is nearing. My car is totalled and I barely have enough money for rent. Times are getting serious, and I need a car desperately

Thanks again for any help and the help you have already provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
If they approved you for a loan than you don't need any of us. All it takes to set up an account is $50 I think. Your post sounds like some kind of scam.

From the Ventura County Credit Union site: https://www.vccuonline.net/membership/welcome-to-vccu

Below is all you need to join. You don't need anyone else to help you join.
  • Valid Social Security Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Current Physical Address
  • Current Mailing Address (if different)
  • Email Address
  • Phone Number
  • Valid Identification Information (with number, issue, and expiration date)
    • Driver’s license
    • Passport
    • Military ID

Old 07-21-2015, 01:10 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,369,869 times
OK I got you. True you need to have a connection to the area. I am not a member of that credit union so I am not able to help out.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
OK I got you. True you need to have a connection to the area. I am not a member of that credit union so I am not able to help out.
Hell yeah, no problem at all. I appreciate the reply at least.

I'll keep searching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County