Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 10:52 AM

12,823 posts, read 24,317,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperP View Post
I live in Ventura. I got a great position at a job in Santa Ynez. 5 days a wk up there. Nice to have benefits & a steady income as i'm a fashion designer on the side. I am well known around the fashion circles in the Los Angeles area; as well as Orange County. I really don't go down to LA that much during the off season for fashion. Which is from April to September. And from Nov to February. I have an online business. I network with fabric & other stores, plus my main seamstriss is in Dwtn LA. I still don't need to be down there one day a Wk. Most of my customers are down there. I do most of my transactions over the phone or emails. I do have good friends in OC & cool associates in LA. Even thou I like the lounge networking for business in LA/OC when I go down there; even some night life, I find that most of the connections are about 90% BS. They just don't come thru. Plus most of my friends don't meet me half way or make sacrifices all the time to come up to Ventura or even go to Santa Barbara a half hr further north. I would like to move to Santa Barbara so I can be closer to work in Santa Ynez. It will be a half hr drive to work. Plus there's more to do in SB compared to Ventura. Also I will be saving 25 min with that drive from Ventura being 55 min without traffic to work. Also saving money from gas & an hr back in my day. Ventura is a nice middle of the Road Town. Great restaraunts & Main Street is very nice. But SB has State street & it like Main Street on steroids. Plus the beaches are better for sight seeing with me being a 40's single male no kids. I need some help to make sense of this. I like being an hr from LA for my fashion business. But I don't go as much as I thought I would. Would it be worth it living in SB & being an hr & a half from LA? I feel like a half hr they're both far & you have to prepare the same. I make over $90k alone at the job. My fashion business brings in a good income on top of that. Thanks
That hour and half to LA can become 2-1/2 when traffic is bad. If you move to SB you'll probably become a bit disconnected from LA. Also, SBA is a joke, for anything serious you will be going to BUR or LAX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 01:18 PM

38 posts, read 53,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
SB hands down. We live in Ventura, and it's great and affordable for us, but I'd move to SB in a heartbeat. We drive up there all the time for the city's civics. It's an amazing town with a vibrant civic, night, and daytime life. It's a world-class travel destination, while Ventura is just not. With no traffic, SB is only 30 minutes further than Ventura. Ventura commutes to SB to work in the morning, so if you are headed north from Ventura to points beyond SB... just don't. That extra 30 minutes turns into an hour+ commute during regular rush hours. Also, check your PM.
thank u sir! I responded to your private message. I put my email in there. You can find all my info on my website at perry-jones-. Love to hear what you & your wife has going to help each other out. Yes I found a rental house in Santa Ynez about a half hr from SB & only 3 minutes drive to work. I can do a lot of business in SB & when need to be in LA once in awhile driving that hr n a half or 1hr 45 min. No big deal for me. SB is way more hip & things to do than Ventura. And I like ventura. Now I'll be in wine country Santa Ynez. I'll be fine. Thanks again!

Old 09-20-2017, 01:26 PM

38 posts, read 53,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
That hour and half to LA can become 2-1/2 when traffic is bad. If you move to SB you'll probably become a bit disconnected from LA. Also, SBA is a joke, for anything serious you will be going to BUR or LAX.
thanks for your response. I already feel disconnected from LA & im in Ventura an hr away. I really don't want that LA vibe on me. I thought at first it was cool. But the more I've dealt with all the BS, phony ppl there, I'm good to stay away. All my close friends in OC don't care about La either. So SB I'm all for it. You're right on that traffic from SB. But guess what? It's like that coming from Ventura & that's an hr drive that turns into 2 hrs. So like I said in another post you to prepare the same. I appreciate your response & honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County